Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to close down the forum later tonight and upgrade the script and perform some much needed maintenance. Afterwards, you may see some differences in the forum. We have a number of modifications to the forum that may not be compatible. If that is the case, they will discontinue to work and will be removed. Most of these are tools used by the moderating staff but some, like the posting statistics at the bottom of the page, could be affected. It may take me a few days to get it all back to normal.

All of this is in preparation of a larger upgrade that will be coming sometime after the first of the year when vBulletin releases a major new release of the script. I have no clue how that will go but it's coming up nevertheless.

Expect us to be down at least a couple of hours late tonight, possibly longer.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am going to close down the forum later tonight and upgrade the script and perform some much needed maintenance. Afterwards, you may see some differences in the forum. We have a number of modifications to the forum that may not be compatible. If that is the case, they will discontinue to work and will be removed. Most of these are tools used by the moderating staff but some, like the posting statistics at the bottom of the page, could be affected. It may take me a few days to get it all back to normal.

All of this is in preparation of a larger upgrade that will be coming sometime after the first of the year when vBulletin releases a major new release of the script. I have no clue how that will go but it's coming up nevertheless.

Expect us to be down at least a couple of hours late tonight, possibly longer.....
I hope it goes better than KSCCW's switch, they're still down. If we are out of touch with two of our three favorite forums, there might be mass depression.:aargh4:

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Thanks for trying to upgrade and good luck to you with the effort. "Upgrade" too often is a four letter word once the process starts.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.Hope all goes smoothly and we're up and running with no major troubles and headaches for you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
May the Force be with You and all goes smoothly !

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Good luck Bumper, as you burn the midnight oil. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
By the way, about what time are you planning to bring it down? That way I can plan what time I want to go to sleep. :smile:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Shut down for a couple hours, oh nooooo.......

Thanks for keeping the site shinny and new.

It will be like an X-Mas present come early,

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Good luck.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Hope all goes smoothly.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, keep the mice on that treadmill happy.:scruntiny::wave:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I didn't see the warning and after trying to log in went into withdrawals

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you for the update! I really appreciate these forums.

May the gods of "scripts & sql" smile upon you! May the upgrade be as smooth as properly lubricated firearm.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It appears all went well last night. By removing the statistics on "top trheads", etc from the bottom I believe it the performance increased. I will probably not re-install that particular mod. Anyway, it's done until after the first of the year when the big one comes......

·
Registered
277 Posts
It appears all went well last night. By removing the statistics on "top trheads", etc from the bottom I believe it the performance increased. I will probably not re-install that particular mod. Anyway, it's done until after the first of the year when the big one comes......
And for some reason on my laptop I don't have to scroll to the right anymore since you removed the "top trheads"
Thank You Bumper:danceban::congrats:

·
Administrator
144,023 Posts
"By removing the statistics on "top trheads", <~~~:hand5:etc from the bottom I believe it the performance increased."

You know he was up mighty late at night working on it all.~~~> :dead:

Those pesky trheads can be a real PITA sometimes!

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.