Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only used high velocity .22lr in all of my .22lr handguns, but there is (at the moment) a sale on Magtech 40 gr. but velocity of only 1070.

No suppressor. Just the straight factory gun.

QUESTION: Has any one here used that round in their M&P .22 compact pistol? I sure don't want to buy a full case of something that won't work reliably!

I also have a Browning 1911-22, which will probably work with whatever works in the M&P. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just FYI. I use Standard Velocity CCI ( also 1070 fps ) in a Ruger SR 22 Pistol and it works fine. Accuracy is excellent. Functioning is good as high velocity loads. But as all handguns are individuals, I didn't buy a lot of it until I had tested it in my gun.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Every individual 22 will have its own likes and dislikes. when shooting subsonic ammo it becomes more of a crap shoot. Rolling the dice right now is not that risky. If it doesn't work for you finding a buyer to take the rest off your hands would be easy enough! I mostly use sub sonic in bolt action target rifles used at distances over 75 or 80 yards. The High and Hyper velocity ammo pass back under the speed of sound at that distance, and disturbs the flight path. So if my target is over 70 yds I start with sub sonic ammo. Neither of my pistols shoot sub ammo well.[ Ruger MK1, and Browning Buckmark] . Good Luck, DR

·
Registered
371 Posts
Be cautious about buying ammo based on another similar firearm. I've got 2 Browning Buckmarks with identical actions. One with optics, one with Irons.
One will feed Federal Automatch all day, the other jams every round.

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just FYI. I use Standard Velocity CCI ( also 1070 fps ) in a Ruger SR 22 Pistol and it works fine. Accuracy is excellent. Functioning is good as high velocity loads. But as all handguns are individuals, I didn't buy a lot of it until I had tested it in my gun.
One of my friends has an SR22 and it seems to work with about anything EXCEPT the Aguila super Extra high velocity. I was going to share some with her, but he gun positively hates it in every way possible. My M&P and Browning do just fine with it. I might even try it one more time in the Ruger Mark IV, but only on a day when I take a few other guns and don't care if the Mark IV locks up or whatever, since it gets very nasty when you try to feed it anything but CCI mini mags.

You are SO right about all handguns being individuals - just like kids, each has its own personality, likes and dislikes!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I have not tried the Mag Tech standard velocity in my M&P 22 Compact but I have shot several hundred rounds of the CCI standard velocity and Federal Auto Match in it with zero problems both are fairly low velocity mild loads in .22 LR. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts