Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wall St. Journal is reporting that regular US Army troops at Fort Bragg, NC, and Fort Drum, NY have been put on a four hour stand-by alert to deploy to Minneapolis. They would be under federal control reporting to NORTHCOM. This would be be big step. Under Posse Comitatus, Trump would have to declare a national emergency in order to use regular US troops for domestic law enforcement. He is waiting for a request for that from the governor of MN.

The commander of the MN National Guard has already increased their deployment from 500 troops to 2,400 and may increase that to 10,000, which would be the largest MN NG activation in history. The MN Guard has 13,000 troops total.

Also, the DC NG (I didn't know they had one!) has been deployed to deal with rioting there.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Army regulars...I see what you did there!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Here we are again, with the law in place requiring the Governor to ASK FOR assistance before the military can do anything and it isn't happening. The current President is once again being criticized for following the law and not having moved in. Just like we saw in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

Hopefully the right things will be done this time, and the honest citizens won't be treated like criminals.

For the first time in my life, since witnessing the Rodney King riots, I truly believe a hammer needs to come down. A brutal show of force with quick suppression needs to happen. No other action will scare the anarchists to come back into line, and stop destroying everything.

There are aspects to the riots that don't make sense either. Its way past time to capture and find out the who the terrorists are, where the money is coming from, and time to crush them altogether. Take them down along with their supporters. The rioting, which should never happened realistically, should not have gone beyond Minneapolis. The fact it was not contained to the city where a bad cop made a bad choice, like in the Rodney King LA riots is deeply disturbing. There was a concerted effort to make these other cities explode in violence. An unacceptable situation.

·
Premium Member
3,957 Posts
The boys from Bragg need to go no further than Fayetteville, just a short ride down the road. The actions in that town were bad enough last night. Downtown Raleigh was much worse. This was so completely predictable and yet we let it happen. My wife and I were going to stream a movie last night but we got caught up in watching the news and it was fascinatingly pathetic. How much can the cops take before they begin to unwind? Many media comments were beyond obtuse. As a nation we are feeding this fire.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
While I firmly believe the only way to put down a riot is with force....

Folks keep saying they don't think the military would obey orders to use force against citizens in order to seize guns yet are calling for the military to do exactly that in order to stop the rioting. Think about that for a minute.

·
Premium Member
33,730 Posts

Folks keep saying they don't think the military would obey orders to use force against citizens in order to seize guns yet are calling for the military to do exactly that in order to stop the rioting. Think about that for a minute.
Gun confiscation and riot suppression are not the same thing.

·
Premium Member
33,730 Posts
ANTIFA taking advantage again.
Tired of the lawlessness.
No one is even talking about Mr. Floyd anymore.
I don’t care about the optics anymore.
Arrest or drop them in the streets.
This is still America, not some third world crap hole
Once ignited, the fuse becomes irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
The same paid actors again and again. The same weak response repeated.

These are not protestors. These are not good people. These are the wicked.

Time to put an end to the paid actors. Wearing a helmet? Get a bullet for free. Headshot. Countless injuries, destruction, and future turmoil prevented.

·
Registered
33,875 Posts

Rioting is not a constitutionally protected right. Owning firearms and peacefully protesting are. It didn't take me a minute to think about that.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The people assembling, lighting, and throwing Molotov cocktails at police officers, automobiles, or structures are committing armed assault and attempted murder. An entirely appropriate assignment for snipers.

It is difficult for me to believe, after decades of this nonsense, that our federal agencies have not infiltrated these violent organizations sufficiently to put together some serious criminal conspiracy cases. When there are a hundred of these professional agitators locked up and facing long hard prison time at least half will roll over, take a plea, and identify the next step up the organizational chart and the source of the funding for these coordinated attacks on American communities.

Sitting in a federal lock-up facing life imprisonment with a million dollar cash only bail is a lot less fun than sitting around someone's basement and planning the next attack on society.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gun confiscation and riot suppression are not the same thing.
On Thursday, Minneapolis PD did confiscate guns from two guys helping store owners guard their stores. A white guy got an AR taken and a black guy got a handgun taken. It is not really clear what led up to it. It does not seem the guys were arrested.

I have also read that the PD has made "several arrests for gun violations," but no details as to what the violations were. Reading between the lines, it seems the cops are going after open carriers, even though MN has open carry with a permit. And localities cannot preempt state law on that. Details are sketchy, but it seems like they are doing "stop and check permit" to open carriers.

I hope we get the full story at some point.

·
Registered
Various
15,483 Posts
Army regulars are standing by to stand by. I will be shocked if any are deployed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
On Thursday, Minneapolis PD did confiscate guns from two guys helping store owners guard their stores. A white guy got an AR taken and a black guy got a handgun taken. It is not really clear what led up to it. It does not seem the guys were arrested.

I have also read that the PD has made "several arrests for gun violations," but no details as to what the violations were. Reading between the lines, it seems the cops are going after open carriers, even though MN has open carry with a permit. And localities cannot preempt state law on that. Details are sketchy, but it seems like they are doing "stop and check permit" to open carriers.

I hope we get the full story at some point.
That's just ducky!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
@jmf552 that action also clearly violated state law. The two gentlemen were part of an armed group of citizens protecting some businesses in the area where rioting was occurred. They were ordered to leave, despite not breaking any laws, and then harassed as they were following orders to leave the area. The businesses that had been safe with their presence, were then destroyed as well.

That's how the PD in Minneapolis does things. While there are some good cops, there are many bad. Laws are suggestions, not hard rules, with them. It's the PD that exists because of the elected officials. The issue there isn't what I've seen in most places.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@jmf552 that action also clearly violated state law. The two gentlemen were part of an armed group of citizens protecting some businesses in the area where rioting was occurred. They were ordered to leave, despite not breaking any laws, and then harassed as they were following orders to leave the area. The businesses that had been safe with their presence, were then destroyed as well.

That's how the PD in Minneapolis does things. While there are some good cops, there are many bad. Laws are suggestions, not hard rules, with them. It's the PD that exists because of the elected officials. The issue there isn't what I've seen in most places.
Yeah, I can hear the 911 call:

911, what is your emergency?

I'm a rioter in front the Acme Mall and there are some armed guys keeping us from looting and burning the stores.

OK, we'll get someone right out there to help you. Don't start your looting and burning until the officers get there...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts