Defensive Carry banner

Subscription to Concealed Carry Magazine / Member of USCCA

• I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine only.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • I am a subscriber and member separately.

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • I am a member of the USCCA and get the magazine through my membership.

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • I subscribe to Concealed Carry Magazine and plan on joining the USCCA.

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member but plan on becoming one.

Votes: 44 24.9%
  • I am neither of subscriber nor a member and have no current plans.

Votes: 37 20.9%
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tim, can you explain a little about USCCA? Are you guys going to start lobbying or what exactly? I had found the USCCA in a seach a while back but didn't know that was one of your efforts, too until a few weeks ago. With 2.4 million permit holders out there you could become the NRA of concealed carry.... :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
USCCA - Explained

The whole idea of the USCCA is the following:

The USCCA is a grass-roots organization with the purpose of promoting concealed carry as a socially responsible lifestyle, providing information and support to its members, and promoting the “original intent” of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. We will accomplish this through television, radio and print advertising.

I guess you're right, we will become the NRA of concealed carry. I formed the USCCA when I started the magazine. We've only recently started promoting the association. We certainly won't compete with the NRA. We'll just be another LOUD, yet respectful, voice explaining to everyone how carrying a concealed weapon is the socially responsible thing to do.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good to me. You have my $15 submitted through your website a few minutes ago. :smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are CC magazine subscribers automatically members of the association? I've been a subscriber since the beginning but have never seen anything from USCCA other than the mag.

Tara

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, current CCM subscribers can join the USCCA at a discounted "CCM subscribers" rate. It may be a little confusing right now since new USCCA members will receive the magazine. All I can say is that I didn't have the resources to start the magazine and the USCCA at the same time.
Thanks for your support and understanding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello

Is there any way you could post a link to the USCCA site in the forum. For some reason I have been unable to access the site thru my web-tv. Thank you. By the way, I also love the magazine and look foreward to each issue

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hey Tim .... thx for the extra info - I have gone to join. Wish I could make it more than the $15 right now but, too many darned bills floatin' about!!

Great scheme tho - there is every reason to join and unify all of us who carry. More power to you. :smile:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KRobb said:
Is there any way you could post a link to the USCCA site in the forum. For some reason I have been unable to access the site thru my web-tv.
You can also find the link in the "Related Links" area at the top of each page. It's full of links applicable to concealed carry and if you don't find a link to your favorite "on topic" site you can post it. I am working on posting a link to each advertiser in Concealed Carry Magazine.

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
ccm-tim said:
USCCA Website
Glad you like the magazine.
Best,
Tim
Tim,

Just ran off and added the USCCA to my magazine subscription. :image089:

Wish I'd known about both sooner.

Was looking at the web site and it looks like Betty was a cover girl on an earlier issue........ Wish I'd know then!! :wink:

Thanks,

·
Registered
249 Posts
I also like what I see on the USCCA and will be signing up later this weekend. Keep up the good work and I am glad to see CCM with a presence here on CombatCarry.com! :love:

R

·
0 Posts
The association between the two should be good for all involved. I have been intending on subscribing to your magazine, now I can just roll it in with the association. Keep up the good work, both of you.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CombatCarry members as CCM/USCCA subscribers/members

Okay, I am just curious here. Tim hasn't put me up to this and I am not necessarily trying to push subscriptions to Concealed Carry Magazine or memberships to the US Concealed Carry Association. Well, maybe I am, actually. But I am curious how many of our members are also subscribers to CCM and/or members of USCCA, if you're not do you plan to, etc.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll be honest here - they may be trying real hard, but the trial copy I got around when they were starting wasn't enough to keep my interest level up for what it cost.

The initial rates quoted were outrageous - even for a small business in a niche market. I need something I can't get on packing.org or elsewhere or somehow make it worth the investment.

I'm all for supporting worthwhile products, but for me, price does factor into the equation.

·
Super Moderator
25,562 Posts
When I got my subscription I didn't know about the sister organzation. Hopefully when renewal time comes I'll be able to get everything together. :kzb:

R

·
0 Posts
I really like the magazine and it continues to improve with every issue. Even if the magazine was of marginal value I would still subscribe. I support those that support my interests and the big gun magazines for the most part don't have much interest in concealed carry topics and fighting for those specific rights.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I like the magazine, though I've only received two editions so far. If it weren't for reading the magazine, I would never have known about this site.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rfurtkamp said:
I'll be honest here - they may be trying real hard, but the trial copy I got around when they were starting wasn't enough to keep my interest level up for what it cost.

The initial rates quoted were outrageous - even for a small business in a niche market. I need something I can't get on packing.org or elsewhere or somehow make it worth the investment.

I'm all for supporting worthwhile products, but for me, price does factor into the equation.
You might want to check them out again, they have come a long way and continue to get better with each issue. I like it that they are focused strictly on carry issues and I agree with Ridgerunner, I like to support those that support all of us. :wink:

1 - 20 of 201 Posts