Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was considering joining the USCCA and was wondering if any of you are members and whether it was actually worth the money.

Thoughts?

And for those of you that have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a link.

Reactions: KLV

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A bit pricey, but it's your dime....

To some it may be worth it.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was a bit pricey as well. That was what made me ask here. I figured there would be some people here who had joined and could give me their impression of the value.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yeah, Roger that....
Maybe their input will change my mind as well.....

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I regard USCAA as still somewhat embryonic - it has not had that long since its inception.

Because of this and despite costs I try to maintain support for it - as I feel it has much potential. It can help unify CCW folks and also if it can grow large enough - be a voice to reckon with.

So - my support for it has been more thru altruism and RKBA aspects shall we say - than the actual perceived features. This sorta thing does take some time and I applaud Tim Schmidt for all he has done.

·
Registered
291 Posts
+ 1 Chris. I decided to join a while back knowing it was a newer organization that required financial help to become successful. Tim and many others have been working their butts off to get USCCA, along with the magazine, going. More new things for members will be coming from them in early July. BTW, the magizine has great articles by authors that know their stuff. IMO, it was money well spent.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I am a member of USCCA and I do believe that it is worth the cost. I have never had the opportunity to be on the ground floor of an organization that supports what I believe. It may be a little expensive, but what startup isn't. There have been some ideas that didn't work out, again who hasn't had those. Usually these sorts of things happen when something is young. Or at least we see and hear about them when the org is young and small. NRA has things that they try that don't work out either, but because they are big and doing dozens of things we don't notice the one that flops.

You can get more opinions from every side by going to the Concealed Carry Magazine Discussions section of CombatCarry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Absolutely worth it. The magazine is excellant - mainly because it is only about concealed carry. The other "gun rags" include so many other things, many of them good, but not pertaining to concealed carry. Also, the USCCA just redid their website, which is now packed with usefull info.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree, USCCA is a great organization.

·
Registered
138 Posts
To me it was well worth the money, the magazine has a lot of good articles and is focused on concealed carry. As others have said this is a great organization and is getting better all the time. I'm looking forward to the new and improved web site and the members only section coming soon.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I am a member and fully support it. Have any of you received your new password for the new web site of USCCA? I haven't yet and am dying to cruise the new site?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd have thought you should have had an email newsletter - in which there is a link to go sign up for further ones - something to do with database and making sure subscribers are correct.

Following that another email dropped back in with a new link to a site page article. If you got no email newsletter - email Tim and check it out maybe.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I emailed Tim and they are hoping to get all the emails with passwords out by the 1st. Can't wait looks great. Anything that furthers our rights count me in....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined about a year ago. I will probably renew: its the kind of mag I like to support, though I am trying to cut back on mag subscriptions I want this one to succeed. Kind of expensive compared to other magazines.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I got my password today. I haven't had a chance to look it over real good yet but it looks great. The forum doesn't have a very good format though. And yes I will renew cause it is worth it.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
have membership, still waiting on email to access the new website
from what I've seen so far its a good deal, good thing to support

·
Registered
702 Posts
WOW>...you guys are awesome! :smile: Thanks for the support. BTW>...I'm the Forum Administrator for the USCCA. :wave: I'm certain "pax" (DC member & Concealed Carry Magazine Editor) would be grateful for all of the wonderful comments. I know I'm biased, but the magazine is truly exceptional and high quality.

I'm actually working a few different projects for them and I can assure you we are growing in the right direction. There is a very passionate staff working to make it better every day. For example, we just launched our interactive reciprocity map tool for figuring out where your permit is honored; to go along with that we had to hire a Info Quality Mgr whose only job is to ensure that it's as accurate as possible. Moral of the story....do it right, and we're trying.

I know you guys and gals didn't come here for my opinion as a USCCA staff member. But I wanted to thank you all for the nice words and hopefully substantiate the comments indicating we are growing, and doing it right.

BTW....I've not been lurking as the USCCA Forum Admin for the past year or more...that's new since I stopped having time to post here as much. :gah: Feel free to say "hi" if you drop in. :bier: My handle and avatar are the same.

Yes, I know this thread is super old...but we appreciate the positive comments regardless.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Wow - talk about thread resurrection!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.