·
Registered
10,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
From the link

Maybe the NRA recognizes us as the frontrunner in providing the absolute best education, training and self-defense insurance in the industry.

I personally think Schmidt is must be smoking the funny stuff.

Here's an example of an absurd article from their org. I fully believe he's a novice and not a gun person, and has hired on a bunch of simpletons to write opinion pieces to the masses of novice uneducated shooters [ which abound and one reason he's made it this far ].

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/one-handed-shooting-stances-new-names/

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
The politics of power & money always (ALL WAYS) trumps (*pardon the pun) the general benefit of the shooting public. Looks like the USCCA is gonna' have to grow big enough to have/hold their OWN...convention. That, or humble themselves before the mighty NRA altar. :yup:

Reactions: Puros_bran

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
Here is a video of the guy who receives millions each month from his concealed carry insurance customers:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Tactical Tim??? I have for many years thought the absolute best idea was to cultivate a good relationship with a first-rate defense attorney and get to know each other so he could see that I'm not a raving lunatic. He knows that if I'm ever in the unfortunate position of needing his services, it will have been a bad day for me. I'll have to struggle to pay his fees, but he knows me, what I did for a living, and exactly how little I have to live on each month. I trust him with my life and he trusts me. I've never felt the need for insurance. If the insurance company would do whatever jail time I get, then it might be worth it. Otherwise the old saying applies about civil suits: blood from a turnip. Just me though.

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
From Rob Pincus, via Ohioans For Concealed Carry:

"The NRA is having a "Personal Protection" expo in a few months, they are launching a new magazine this year called "Carryguard" and, of course, they have their CCW Insurance "Carryguard" Membership programs with levels that mirror the programs that USCCA has had for a few years now (and been very successful with). Politically Motivated RKBA Donations are down because Republicans control the Whitehouse, The Congress and The Supreme Court. USCCA is the only large 'competition' for that very lucrative insurance business and has been growing MUCH faster than the NRA over the last 5 years."

https://www.facebook.com/Ohioans-For-Concealed-Carry-156717294401209/?fref=hovercard

Scroll down the page a bit to the story.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
In capitalism, competition is always GOOD for end-user prices. As for lawsuits? I'm not sure the "concept" of insurance, even Carry Insurance, can be argued as a patient or copyright infringement. Mike, what's your take on potential litigation? It's tough for ANY singular entity to battle the NRA's deep pockets. :yup:

Reactions: Doogie and OldChap

·
Premium Member
36,786 Posts
In capitalism, competition is always GOOD for end-user prices. As for lawsuits? I'm not sure the "concept" of insurance, even Carry Insurance, can be argued as a patient or copyright infringement. Mike, what's your take on potential litigation? It's tough for ANY singular entity to battle the NRA's deep pockets. :yup:
It looks like the NRA program copied the USCCA program almost verbatim. Schmitt has acquired some very deep pockets as a result of this endeavor, as well.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
It looks like the NRA program copied the USCCA program almost verbatim.
Then "intellectual property" or plain-'ol plagiarism? Maybe the NRA raided the USCCA staff. :image035:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I really couldn't care less what either one of them does because one group is the Gawker of gun media and the other has almost become a giant union in that it does little for its members while using its members' money.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
Here is a video of the guy who receives millions each month from his concealed carry insurance customers:

Say what you want, but I too am impressed with Kahr's bad-arse tigger without the Glock safety thing and the doo-dad at the bottom of the magazine.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I wonder if the owners, management & staff of USCCA are...concealed permit holders? 'Cuz I know a LOT of Life Insurance salesmen who don't have...a life worth insuring. :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Personally I rate USCCA right in there with AARP, insurance scams.
I'm an NRA member. I put Tim and Kathy (don't know if she still works for him) in the same category as Cheaper than Dirt.
Not cheaper, just dirt... but hay its a free country, for now and I'm a capitalist. All I have to say is. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
From the link

Maybe the NRA recognizes us as the frontrunner in providing the absolute best education, training and self-defense insurance in the industry.

I personally think Schmidt is must be smoking the funny stuff.

Here's an example of an absurd article from their org. I fully believe he's a novice and not a gun person, and has hired on a bunch of simpletons to write opinion pieces to the masses of novice uneducated shooters [ which abound and one reason he's made it this far ].

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/one-handed-shooting-stances-new-names/
Interestingly enough, nowhere in that article is there any discussion of why you would be shooting with only one hand. Presumably it is either injured or doing something else; fending off, controlling another person, opening a door, and the list goes on.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
And.....2nd Call Defense has also been disinvited from the NRA exhibition.

NRA losing more respect by the minute with this crap.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Good for the NRA! Looks like they did their due diligence! I have never been a fan of them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts