Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Tactical Ted LGS has a consignment Gen 1 LCP with light pocket finish wear for $125. The interior looks pretty much unfired. Would you buy it?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Heck no...imo ruger makes some of the ugliest...worst ergonomically semi autos out there...and lately they are the master of repeating the same gun over 2-3 times..sure they add a inch here or take away a inch there or change the sights but thats about it.
They sell a lot of guns but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I’d buy it so that I could resell it and make a little profit.

Reactions: Fugum and Arky73

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
For 125 yes .. But only if you checked it for recall first Ruger - LCP® Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice

If it clean I would get it no question ..Yes it is not as fancy as a gen2 of plus but for what it is and for the price be a handy BUG or truck/tackle box gun something that is lost in the lake be no biggie

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Ive had a few of them and they were convenient guns to carry. Id def buy one for $125. In fact, if it were local to me, Id probably go scoop it out from under you. ;-)

·
Registered
508 Posts
These are the ones with the crappy trigger, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

One person's crappy trigger is another person's preferred type of trigger for safer carry.

Reactions: OD* and 10thmtn

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
no........i do not want or have a specific need for a 380 pocket gun at this time.......

a good price?......yep......but for me it would be a $125 safe queen and another mouth to feed in a caliber i do not own....

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Not a crazy covid price. Is it an original LCP or is it an LCP gen 2? I don’t mean an LCPII, but the second gen of the original looking LCP that has slightly higher sights and a slightly better trigger.

I’d probably go for it if thats something you want.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
If it’s the gun you want then yes. I wouldn’t sell mine for $125, but if I was buying a pocket gun today I don’t know if it’s what I would buy to fit that role.

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts

My theory of trigger pull on a pocket gun is that one wont notice that at bad breath range at crunch time. I dont see “squeezing the trigger” as coming into play at those times.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not a crazy covid price. Is it an original LCP or is it an LCP gen 2? I don’t mean an LCPII, but the second gen of the original looking LCP that has slightly higher sights and a slightly better trigger.
I think it's an earlier model with three nubs- one on the front and two in the rear. I will probably go back and confirm serial range and recall status, etc.

I only have a Beretta 1934 right now, so a pocket .380 is kinda a hole in the line-up at the present time, and I could always probably move it in the future if not my thing.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I bought a NIB Taurus TCP stainless slide with two magazines and a Bulldog case for $130.00 OTD at a LGS bout 4 yrs ago .. great little pistol.. never could figure out why it was priced so low .. I honestly thought he meant to put $230 on it..
I actually carried it tonight

1 - 20 of 32 Posts