Defensive Carry banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Just as a reference point, a couple months back I sold off some unwanted handguns that included a Raven 25 auto that was also pocket worn. It went for $125 and had several that wanted it for that price!
Of course this is CA! and during the pandemic, and included a half box of ammo!
I would take an LCP at that price! DR

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
No, I don't have any 380 ammo anymore.
I sold the ammo after I got rid of my 1st gen LCP and P3AT 380.

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
If you have .380 ammo, then heck yes.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I had one several years ago. It went bang every time but felt like a toy in my hand. I replaced it with an all steel NAA 380 Guardian. I gave the Ruger to a LEO friend for a BUG

guardian 2_LI.jpg

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
21,327 Posts
Bought one when they came out. Hated it and traded it on a Sig P238 .380.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Back in the day i had one it was OK ....I had a Taurus TCP that was much better.
Better trigger...Better Ergo's...Better looking.
Once they started making 9's not that much bigger my .380 days were behind me.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think it's an earlier model with three nubs- one on the front and two in the rear. I will probably go back and confirm serial range and recall status, etc.
Before you spend anything, get the serial and run it by Ruger to see what it is. If it's a Gen 1, skip it. If it's Gen 2, that's a good price. Gen 1 had a bad recall that not every owner decided to participate in. I believe Ruger stamped the repaired Gen 1 pistols with a star on the back of the slide next to the hammer slot.

I carry an LCP Gen 2 sometimes, and have had it in the rotation for about 6 years. I love it. It works great, eats all the 380 I throw at it and has never caused a problem. I wouldn't consider carrying a Gen 1, and I don't like the LCP II at all. If I found a decent looking LCP Gen 2, I'd think about getting it to have a second one. Of all the tiny 380's that came out during that time period, I think the LCP Gen 2's the best. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
11,313 Posts
We've had three gen 1 LCPs for 12 years now. One has been replaced by my new LCP Max, but I still carry one as a secondary, and my wife also carries one. They both may get replaced by other LCP Maxes down the road, but they still continue to serve.

If this gun is a gen 1, and if it didn't have the recall work done, Ruger will fix it, for free.

Recall status is not a valid reason for not buying it. Ruger stands behind their guns.

The whining about the triggers is amusing to me, as it should be to anyone who can work a DA revolver trigger.

A functional firearm that fits in any men's pocket, doesn't weigh much, has a lifetime warranty (yes, I know technically Ruger doesn't have a "warranty"), and only costs $125? C'mon, man!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My phone took a dump yesterday afternoon. Funny money blown for a bit. We will see how long it lasts on the shelf- I definitely don't NEED it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A Tactical Ted LGS has a consignment Gen 1 LCP with light pocket finish wear for $125. The interior looks pretty much unfired. Would you buy it?
Are you sure it's a Gen 1? Those have a dash like 370 -XXXXXX in the serial number, the sights are super tiny and the trigger pull is longer and heavier. Production of those ceased sometime in 2012. Many people think the Gen 2 is a Gen 1 because of the newer LCP II Model.

My Gen 2 has been 100% on brass and nickel cased ammo through 1,000+ rounds. It has had two failures to fully return to battery with aluminum case ammo when very dirty and dry.

A Hogue Sleeve makes it easier to get a consistent grip with large hands but I prefer the stock thinness and will just live with a one inch or so variation in point of impact from draw to draw.

It is a very handy package in the OEM Pocket Holster to simply slip in the strong side hip pocket. It's always there even when I can't carry a larger gun.

Despite it's size and my large hands I've never had a control induced malfunction and prefer the slightly smaller size, less snaggy sights and more deliberate trigger pull than the LCP II.

When I do my part it will do it's. 7 rounds at 5 yards.

·
Super Moderator
19,034 Posts
My phone took a dump yesterday afternoon. Funny money blown for a bit. We will see how long it lasts on the shelf- I definitely don't NEED it.
Bet it's gone.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts