Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy I work with has a HK USP 40 ~3 years old ~500 rds through it. He bought it and just did not like it that much. He is trying to sell it for a kimber.

I trust him on the ammount of rds through it. I am going to look at it and shoot it.

He was willing to sell it to me for ~$500. Seemed like a fair price to me, but was looking for other opinons. He and I are going shooting next weekend with it.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not too sure of street NIB price but I am more and more using as my initial guide the old 80% rule.

So take NIB price and convert to 80% - which should on a good condition gun be around fair value region. What Bud mentions ''sounds'' in ball park.

The gun's actual age does not often mean too much in itself - tho in fact with old Smith revo's it does - price goes UP LOL!!

So - what is a new price on a 40 ?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
$500 sounds about right. Maybe a bit low with that rnd count but not much. If its only 3 years old it should have a polygonal barrel.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I remember backin 93' . Spent $624 + tax on my USP 40.

·
Registered
726 Posts
HK USP's go for right at $700 around here. You can buy on the internet for about $650, but by the time you add freight and transfer fees, you're right back up to $700 or so. $500 for a good used seems fair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts