Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the range tonight as I was packing up, I caught a glimpse of a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 with a scope already mounted on consignment for $550. Since it was the end of the night, everyone was ready to go home so I didn't get a chance to check it out but it appeared to be in excellent condition. I fell in love with my uncle's Super Redhawk when I was a teenager blasting light bulbs out of trees with it and always wanted one, so I had a massive urge to buy it on the spot. Fortunately, I didn't have any way to pay for it on me.

I plan on going back hopefully Monday night to check it out and see if they'll let me shoot it. How's the price? I found one new online for $582 so assuming it's 90% plus the scope, I would imagine that's a decent price. Am I correct?

·
Registered
103 Posts
super blackhawk

My dad recently gave me his super blackhawk because he never really used it. It's a great gun, and that price seems about right. I was interested in how much mine was worth and my local gun shop said they would give my $350-$400 for mine. That price seems a bit low to me, but they still have to turn a profit and mine didn't have scope. The only thing I don't like about it is it's single action, and the grips are uncomfortable. It's sure a great gun to pull out at the range for the wow factor.:blink:

·
Super Moderator
24,786 Posts
KTP has Super Blackhawks from $325 to $450 at 80% to 95% or so, so that's a little guidance. A lot depends on the scope obviously. The Blackhawk is SA thou, and was your Uncle's a DA (the Redhawk)?

Kittery Trading Post Used Guns Home

Good luck and have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts