Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I do a full device encryption, with a fairly strong password on my phone.
As for apps, I use
Bambuser and/or CO Justice for recording of altercations
Tasker for any automation (best $3 I ever spent for Android)
Legal Heat for looking up laws in each state (works offline!)
Tapatalk for working with forums, such as DC.com
Podcast Addict to listen to some cyber security podcasts and gun podcasts.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
The most used app on my 'droid phone is Color Notes, followed closely by weather.gov and Nest.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
Do you have the free version or premium?
premium. My assessment is that it's worth the risk, so far. I have dozens of complicated passwords out there thanks to LastPass. The deal is: even if they hack the LastPass servers they still have to hack your password. A wise man understands where to put his money and does not fret an unlucky hand.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
premium. My assessment is that it's worth the risk, so far. I have dozens of complicated passwords out there thanks to LastPass. The deal is: even if they hack the LastPass servers they still have to hack your password. A wise man understands where to put his money and does not fret an unlucky hand.
I like LastPass. But it's really only worth it if you have Premium, since you can't use most of it on Mobile without Premium.

The other caveat I'd say with LastPass is PLEASE make sure you have USB Debugging turned OFF. There's a pretty ridiculous flaw in LastPass' operation that makes it not very hard to crack your master password with a computer (so yes, it does require physical access to the device). Turning off USB Debugging makes this technique much harder, if not impossible.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
My favorite Android app is Airdroid which made transferring files from Droid to Computer and back..... Real easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like LastPass. But it's really only worth it if you have Premium, since you can't use most of it on Mobile without Premium.

The other caveat I'd say with LastPass is PLEASE make sure you have USB Debugging turned OFF. There's a pretty ridiculous flaw in LastPass' operation that makes it not very hard to crack your master password with a computer (so yes, it does require physical access to the device). Turning off USB Debugging makes this technique much harder, if not impossible.
Thanks for that last bit of advice. I create my own Android apps and always have the USB debugging on.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for that last bit of advice. I create my own Android apps and always have the USB debugging on.
Make sense. And that's the main reason USB Debugging is found under the "Developer" Options. Just remember to turn it off when you're not actively developing on the device. If you're just working on the IDE on you computer, no need to turn it on.

I wish I could find the video where I saw the exploit happen. It was an episode of Paul's Security Weekly, but I can't find the specific one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Advanced Task Killer to shut down apps that are running but not being used and draining the battery and tamping up the data usage.

3G Watchdog to track your data usage and help keep you out of the penalty zone.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts