Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a blast this morning, literally lol.

I took 400 rounds out of my box and grabbed my new silhouette targets and headed off to the woods to shoot. I had the best time shooting ever. I practiced point shooting, and the position where you lay on your back, and also going from my back to a kneeling position. I found out I'm actually really good at point shooting form about 10-15 feet, I got all my rounds to hit the center mass circle every time. I also had my Peltor Tactical 7's on, and those things are AWESOME! They amplify sounds SO much. I would shoot then I could hear my bullet ricochet for about 3 seconds then hear *thwap* form it hitting trees and I would also hear the occational branch fall fromthe bullet hitting it! If any of you have the $120.00 for Peltor 7's GET THEM! They are the coolest things ever. I would just stand there and listen to things, then take them off and 90% of the things I could hear with them on I wasn't able to hear with them off. But, I have around 400 more rounds at home here so hopefully I will be able to go out sometime this week. I'll try to get pics as soonas I can.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Glad to see you like your USP. I love my "compact!" :biggrin:

I also have a set of Peltor Tactical 7s, and my family has them, too. When we're out the range it's fun to whisper, "hey stupid" and see how many turn their heads. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have the older Tac 6's - and they do work (when I remember to leave 'em switched off between shoots!). They are very good.

Seems like you had a great session - any and all practice is good - it is after all the only way to get better, as well as knowing just how good (or bad) you are!.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bud, by all means, get the 7's they are almost as fun as shooting.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I envy you being able to shoot in the woods. I haven't been able to do that for several years now. The area I'm in has no such terrain. I have to shoot at a range. OK, but not as much fun. Glad you had a blast. Shoot safe. :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts