Defensive Carry banner

Utah BCI today: Working on April 18th.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Squawker 
Waiting sucks, but could be worse. I mailed off the paperwork for Utah and Florida the same day that I applied (in person, of course), for my Nevada CCW, in late February. The Utah packet said that they had 60 days to process the application. I received my Utah permit in 30 days. Florida's stated time frame was 60 days, which is about what it took. Nevada state law says that the Sheriff has up to 120 days to issue, and while many counties are quick, Clark County (the Las Vegas area), is notorious for taking every last day. I got it in 90 days, a month early, so I was happy. But, think about this- I could carry in ~30 states BEFORE I could carry in my home state. Even more aggravating is that while I received my Nevada CCW in late May, on the front of the permit, it says, Issue Date: 2/24/06. In other words, the permit was issued a few days after I applied, but was not mailed tome for 3 months. That bites. So, while the wait is really annoying, it could indeed be much worse. Heck, you could line in a state like California, an you might not get one at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.