Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and found nothing on this, however, the other day I went to an IHC hospital and noticed that all the doors had a no firearms sticker on them. Is this possible to ban CCW in Utah Hospital? I don't see an exemption for hospitals in the law. Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
367 Posts
In Utah signs mean nothing. They can ask you to leave and if you don't you can be charged with trespassing. If there is no law that means there is no law. Things that are lawful are not spelled out in the laws. You might want to talk with your doctor before you CC into his exam room. That is if you like your doctor and want to keep seeing him.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
The IHC hospitals in St. George have a 'no weapons' sign inside the vestibule, between the two entrance doors.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was wondering this same thing myself last week. I had an appointment with a new doc at the UofU hospital. I locked it up in the vehicle before entering...but saw no signs. I'm guessing that means it's OK? Or is it not because it's a school?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you have a permit you can carry at a school anyway so that's no big deal. The U also allows students to carry too, so I don't imagine they would have a problem with a patient at the hospital carrying, unless of course you were going to the psych ward which is prohibited but idk if the university hospital has a psych ward so that may be moot as well. As long as your in the same room the whole time I wouldn't worry about disarming but you are gonna be going from an exam room to an x-ray or CT scan or somehing like that then I would disarm just to be sure my firearm doesn't fall into the wrong hands.

But to echo the other posters there is nothing in the law that prohibits carry into hospitals besides the psych ward.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The law does say no carry in a Mental Health Facility. I will try and find it and post. Take care...Jeff

Edit: Whoops got beat while posting, I will still try and find the law.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts