Defensive Carry banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
As of today it is being reported that National Guard troops assigned to fixed posts and patrols in the District of Columbia have been ordered disarmed. Those with weapons are carrying those weapons unloaded with ammunition carried separately. Many have just been disarmed completely.

"Dear Commander in Chief: I entered National Guard service with an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and with a reasonable expectation that my service would not be relegated to being a political pawn in a stupid power game among elitist idiots. I must respectfully ask for either the return of my basic combat load of weapons and ammunition for the remainder of this deployment, or a release from my enlistment contract and transportation back to my home. Respectfully submitted, PFC NotAsStupidAsSomeMightThink."

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I spent seven years active duty, and not once was I put up in a motel. Barracks, bivouac site or wrapped in my poncho liner for up to 278 days per year, but never in a motel. Pitch camp on the National Mall.
OK, I gotta good story on that. After I got off active duty, I moved back to St. Louis and wanted to stay in the reserves. The billet I found that got me flight pay was a P-3 Orion squadron based at Glenview NAS in Chicago. I didn't know jack about hunting submarines, but with the personnel situation at the time, you learned on the job. The way I would get up there was they would send a P-3 out on Friday afternoon of the drill weekend and it would do a "milk-run" to several airports around the Midwest to pick up reservists. They really needed people at the point, and they really went the extra mile to get them. But we would always get to the base way late, like midnight on Saturday morning, which was sorta good because the BOQ would be full and the duty officer would give you a chit to stay in a motel they had previously made arrangements with and usually they were nicer than the BOQ. But one weekend I found out that the guy making the deals with motels was not really checking them out, or didn't care.

That weekend the duty driver to took me to the motel and to my surprise it was an "adult themed" motel. The room was done up in red velour and there were mirrors on the ceiling over the heart shaped, vibrating bed. It had a jacuzzi, the works. My only concern was were the sheets clean!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I'd put up a sign on the street where she lives, or where her office is - "All Lives Matter"
No, make it "White Lives Matter". Two can play the same game.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Between the groups that want to defund / dismantle the police departments, and the Democrat politicians trying to be the most woke, etc., I say let them. Then let these politicians try to impose gun control. When there is no one sworn to protect and serve, you are really on your own and defenseless. Then the drug gangs will take over territory, extort protection from businesses owners and then all the SJWs will beg for police departments. But no one will risk their lives to sign up and then be betrayed.

I really think there are some very stupid elected officials out there who really need to live like the rest of us.
Then maybe after a few of those idiots and some of their family members are injured or killed, they'll pull their collective heads out of the sand and realize that patronizing evil does nothing but invite more evil. They will have received their just desserts but at the expense of a lot of innocent people suffering and property being destroyed.

·
Registered
508 Posts
If she's not paying the hotel bills, then I guess she feels she doesn't need them. Wonder how things will fair for them without the help from the Guard....

·
Registered
961 Posts
I think we're way beyond the tax payer paying for this kind of stuff. If they're short they just print more up. Taxes just kind of make the paper worth something.

·
Super Moderator
25,502 Posts
She should get an all expense paid one-way trip to Gitmo.
Sadly, in her defense, the District is hugely financed by the federal government, and the Covid 19 has played havoc wit the CITIES funding. Not a great excuse but remember DC is NOT a state, so is largely ignored in the budgeting. (Not to mention the DC Government is far from corruption free...)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts