Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gov. Cox has signed HB 60 making Utah among the states supporting constitutional carry. Any person over 21 who is not a "prohibited person" may carry a concealed firearm. Utah will still issue CCPs to those who wish to carry in the other states that recognize the Utah permits.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
Excellent! Now all states need to pass laws that declare their independence from federal laws that are unconstitutional - declare themselves as 2nd amendment sanctuaries, etc. In other words, take a very firm stand and not back down. If the communist fed government takes away their federal income, tell them to keep it and do what you need to do on your own. That is the pioneer spirit - on your own!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Excellent! Now all states need to pass laws that declare their independence from federal laws that are unconstitutional - declare themselves as 2nd amendment sanctuaries, etc. In other words, take a very firm stand and not back down. If the communist fed government takes away their federal income, tell them to keep it and do what you need to do on your own. That is the pioneer spirit - on your own!
I'd love to see those states dump the republican party and start a Constitutional Party.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Why not just go with the Libertarians?
Because I think we need a party that is more aggressive in upholding the Constitution. They have some good goals but seem a little too anything goes. I couldn't vote for someone who is against the death penalty or legalizing everything as long as it doesn't harm anyone because the fact is someone will be harmed. Get em off the streets and if they deserve it, off this planet.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Because I think we need a party that is more aggressive in upholding the Constitution. They have some good goals but seem a little too anything goes. I couldn't vote for someone who is against the death penalty or legalizing everything as long as it doesn't harm anyone because the fact is someone will be harmed. Get em off the streets and if they deserve it, off this planet.
Just wondering. Of course you know what Thomas Jefferson said about "dangerous liberty".

·
Premium Member
4,056 Posts
Good job, Utah, congratulations. The Feds may have to rethink their gun grabbing BS.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Reactions: forester58

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't see it ever happening in Minnesota, the communists are too entrenched in the twin city area as well as st. louis county.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Mitt Romney must be proud.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gov. Cox has signed HB 60 making Utah among the states supporting constitutional carry. Any person over 21 who is not a "prohibited person" may carry a concealed firearm. Utah will still issue CCPs to those who wish to carry in the other states that recognize the Utah permits.
[/QUO
Not good for me. I have a Utah out of state CCP. I got it because my state does not have reciprocity with a lot of other states. The Utah CCP covered me in a lot more states. I anticipate a lot of those states will not recognize the Utah CCP after this act goes into effect.

Neko

·
Registered
39,998 Posts
Not good for me. I have a Utah out of state CCP. I got it because my state does not have reciprocity with a lot of other states. The Utah CCP covered me in a lot more states. I anticipate a lot of those states will not recognize the Utah CCP after this act goes into effect.

Neko
Most states deny out-of-state permits based on the home state's issuing requirements. The new Utah law does not change that.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts

Neko
Not true We are keeping permits if you choose to keep it. I plan on keeping mine because I travel to states that recognize Utah's CCP.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Awesome news, but I have a minor gripe about Constitutional Carry (I always seem to have at least one about everything). Rather than having to continue to issue CCW permits for citizens who wish to carry in other states, why can't those other states just accept a Utah (or other CC state) driver's license as your "permit?"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts