Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my dad to the VA eye clinic in Tampa today. I did not carry since I fully expected to see the signs but was surprised it was not posted.

On the way out I noticed a VA police car. Never did see the LEO but it was parked right outside the door. It's a relatively new clinic built off of the main VA hospital campus but I still expected it to be posted as other satellite VA clinics I've seen.

·
Registered
124 Posts
surprised supposed to posted by fed law

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Sign or no sign, I'd not carry on Federal property!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Can we have Post Offices and the VA reclassified as National Parks?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sign or no sign, I'd not carry on Federal property!
I agree but one of my reasons for not asking or saying anything that might alert them to get the posting up is that then creates a kill zone for the BG where there is likely no armed persons because most vets are going to follow the law.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I agree but one of my reasons for not asking or saying anything that might alert them to get the posting up is that then creates a kill zone for the BG where there is likely no armed persons because most vets are going to follow the law.
On the other hand, not having signage could lure a legally-carrying person into violation of the law, and the Feds can come down hard if they choose! Sure, they may beat the charge or get it dropped, but imagine the time and legal fees.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On the other hand, not having signage could lure a legally-carrying person into violation of the law, and the Feds can come down hard if they choose! Sure, they may beat the charge or get it dropped, but imagine the time and legal fees.
You are right, that possibility exist, too bad we can't just carry heck the Constitution is Federal document. However, after spending most of the last 27 years on federal installations, marked or not marked I know that weapons aren't allowed. Hopefully so would most but if somone should forget when they are about town and stop by the eye clinic to pickup a pair of glasses and carry I'd rather them to be able to prevail in court since it was not legally marked. To be clear I am not advocating someone carrying in a federal office nor am I advocating telling them to put up a sign.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts