·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like more BS may be coming down the pike to VA gun owners:

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Charlottesville is considering more of the same.

Insurgents get a free pass for violence and lawlessness. Citizens may be arrested for exercising their right recognized by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution. Northam and the Democratic overlords are turning ordinary citizens into criminals. These officials are treasonous scum without fathers and born of baseless mothers covered in dung related to the southern most exit hole of any mammalIan species.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
For those who think it cannot happen to them, this has all happened to the citizens of Virginia in just a few years. All it takes is the left electing an anti-gun slime ball and the rest is down hill. Everyone, know who your candidates are and get out and vote for the ones who are not rabid anti gunners/democrats.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It don't matter where you live, VOTE (preferably for Trump) (y)
Kinda sorta. I'll vote for Trump just like last time but my vote doesn't matter, doesn't count. It does matter where you live.

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
Looks like more BS may be coming down the pike to VA gun owners:

Norfolk, VA is a very rough town and has been for awhile. Lots of gang activity and shootings. I doubt if even one of those crimes was comitted by a legal gun owner.

So, of course Liberals are hoping to solve the problem by making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to defend themselves and exercise their Second Amendment right, and the criminals happily go about their business.

When the criminals continue to commit crimes using their illegally obtained guns...the Liberals will call for more gun laws.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Norfolk, VA is a very rough town and has been for awhile. Lots of gang activity and shootings.
Our good friends from Norfolk VA have been visiting with us for a few days. They have never mentioned Norfolk as being a rough town. In fact, they even sleep with windows open in nice weather which is something we do not do in our "relatively safe" retirement/resort community!

We had a good time, shooting together and talking and eating some good meals. As the chief cook, I appreciated the help with meal prep each day! And, "J," the husband, who is always helpful in any way, spent a good deal of time flicking the WAY TOO STIFF safety of my new P238 on and off. I hope he doesn't have a permanently sore thumb as a result!

I'll try to remember to ask them about how "rough" their city is before they leave to head back there in the AM.

·
Premium Member
5,316 Posts
Our good friends from Norfolk VA have been visiting with us for a few days. They have never mentioned Norfolk as being a rough town. In fact, they even sleep with windows open in nice weather which is something we do not do in our "relatively safe" retirement/resort community!

We had a good time, shooting together and talking and eating some good meals. As the chief cook, I appreciated the help with meal prep each day! And, "J," the husband, who is always helpful in any way, spent a good deal of time flicking the WAY TOO STIFF safety of my new P238 on and off. I hope he doesn't have a permanently sore thumb as a result!

I'll try to remember to ask them about how "rough" their city is before they leave to head back there in the AM.
There are probably good and bad areas like any town but it made the top 10 last year. The Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in Virginia in 2020
Maybe it's getting better.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Kinda sorta. I'll vote for Trump just like last time but my vote doesn't matter, doesn't count. It does matter where you live.
You're forgetting that you are not voting only for who will be the President, but also for (perhaps) a federal senator, a federal representative, and various state offices as well.
You would probably also be voting on initiatives and other laws, local and state issues, and (possibly) other important issues.
Every vote is important. Indeed, it is a known fact that conservative politicians and causes benefit from a greater voter turnout. The more votes cast, the more likely that the "extra" votes will be conservative ones.
No excuses: Vote.

Reactions: jmf552

·
Registered
9,102 Posts
With the sate preemption gone, several of the urban areas are considering local restrictions and unfortunately a few have passed already. The VCDL has set up watch teams for each jurisdiction to keep an eye on local governance boards. If they put something like this on a meeting agenda, the VCDL starts an email and phone call campaign and then shows up en masse to the meeting where it's being discussed. I'm the team lead for my county.

The VCDL is also introducing resolutions in each jurisdiction to say that area will not pass local restrictions. It is symbolic, like the 2A Sanctuary campaign we did last Fall, but it sends a s message. We have gotten a few of those passed.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
You're forgetting that you are not voting only for who will be the President, but also for (perhaps) a federal senator, a federal representative, and various state offices as well.
You would probably also be voting on initiatives and other laws, local and state issues, and (possibly) other important issues.
Every vote is important. Indeed, it is a known fact that conservative politicians and causes benefit from a greater voter turnout. The more votes cast, the more likely that the "extra" votes will be conservative ones.
No excuses: Vote.
If you read my post you'll see I said I vote anyway. As far as my vote not counting I'm speaking about the presidential vote. That vote doesn't count, never will in this state.
Though I vote for representatives in this state, I seriously doubt that matters either as in the case of the run for governor here years ago. A republican, Dino Rossi ran. He won, it was close, they did a recount, he won, they did a recount and "found" enough votes for his opponent to win.
This is the most blatently corrupt state I've ever lived in.

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I live there too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts