Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VA HB162, the parking lot bill, has been tabled until next year. With the addition of the exclusion criteria, it was mostly gutted, anyway.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hmmm - I was wondering actually just what (if much) was left, with all the exclusion crap I had seen. :frown:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Dem anti-gunner effectively killed it, but I think the sponsors went along with it because of the exclusion clause in the substitute that came out of committee. Better to let it die than get stuck with a truly bad law.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good move, it can always be reintroduced next year in a pristine form.

·
Super Moderator
13,253 Posts
We're having similar problems. I got an e-mail from the Tennessee Firearms Association last week:

"House "Constitutional Protections Subcommittee" - perhaps the most misnamed committee in the entire House, starts off its work clearly following the threat made by Jimmy Naifeh that NRA legislation will not come out of the liberal dominated Tennessee House of Representatives. Folks, this IS an election year.

Are the gun owners of Tennessee serious enough about gun rights to go to the ballot box this fall and do what it takes - whatever it takes - to seize control from Jimmy Naifeh and the liberal democrats who are abusing the constitutional rights of Tennesseans? If not - do not complain to TFA about the poor state of gun laws in Tennessee."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts