Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The House of Delegates’ Public Safety Committee on Friday passed a firearm store law and a bill limiting the number of handguns Virginians can purchase, among other gun controls.

WHSV reports the gun controls, “almost all… passed on a 13-9 party line vote,” with the Democrats voting for them and Republicans against.

Del. Mark Levine (D-45th Dist.) boasted the committee also passed a bill allowing local municipalities to enact gun bans for certain areas whether the state legislature enacts such bans or not. The bill particularly allows local municipalities to ban concealed carry in parks and public buildings. In other words, the bill, should it pass, would allow local municipalities to ban carry by those who have gone through the legal process of acquiring a license to carry for self-defense.

https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Virginia-House-committee-passes-gun-control-measures-567266931.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just to show how the Looney Left has completely gone off the rails, the Virginia Senate also passed a bill this week that would allow transgender people to get new birth certificates!

I kid you not. VA Senate Bill 657 Passes.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Teachable moment for GOPers and Conservatives who stay home on election day, and who don't actively support good candidates.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Just to show how the Looney Left has completely gone off the rails, the Virginia Senate also passed a bill this week that would allow transgender people to get new birth certificates!

Coming next: lawsuits against doctors who refuse to sign off on certificates of live birth with information that contradicts all of their medical training.
*Re-issuing a birth certificate is usually a local (city, county, state) administrative task.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teachable moment for GOPers and Conservatives who stay home on election day, and who don't actively support good candidates.
Please remember that the VA Republican Party choose to allow a large number of Demorats to run unopposed. When there is no one on the ballot to oppose a Demorat what are the voters supposed to do?

·
Registered
7,844 Posts

That could be really interesting in the event of a death.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Welcome to New Jerzy...……………………..we live it every day.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
This year was a huge wake up call for Virginians.

The Overton window has shifted dramatically toward open talk of civil war being acceptable, rather than being a fringe topic.

If leftists continue the hard push for more leftism, talk of civil war or peaceful separation will become mainstream. There is already open discussion of VA counties changing to WV, or NoVA areas around Wash DC leaving VA and expanding the Wash DC boundary.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I feel for you guys out east. Sounds like you have a rough few years ahead. Hopefully, come next election, you can get some better people in, and they can work on reversing some of this hogwash.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I feel for you guys out east. Sounds like you have a rough few years ahead. Hopefully, come next election, you can get some better people in, and they can work on reversing some of this hogwash.
It may not be in your backyard, but as the left is emboldened by crushing civil rights on the coasts, they will more aggressively attack everyone’s rights at the national level, everywhere.

·
Banned
232 Posts
Historically, all fashions originate on the coasts and move inland. It's that liberal 'artist' complex. (If I'm a hater of anything it's self-proclaimed 'artists')

They simply don't care about tradition, morals, integrity, self-control, modesty, fidelity, or any of the things that folks living in flyover country are born into and hold dear.

But young folks see it as- If'n they do it in the big cities it must be right! Or something to that affect.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Damn, I just got my ar pistol literally yesterday and I already lost it in a boating accident. Really sucks.
At least it cant be taken then.
But you're gonna have to "leave it on the bottom of the lake." If you take it to a public range or use it for SD, that could be a problem. Me, I don't like to pay good money for a gun I have to hide.

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
There are a lot of lists online, like "The best states for gun owners" and "Freedom in the 50 states." But my problem with most of them is they are backward looking. They talk about the current state, but they base it on last year's data. One list I have been paying more attention to since our problems in VA are the states with the largest conservative majorities. Those states are the ones that will be the last holdouts for freedom. And that list is surprising. Yes, there are anti-gun shenanigans going on in all of them, but that strong conservative majority will always keep the loonies from completely taking over. Right now, the top ten are:
  1. Mississippi
  2. Alabama
  3. South Dakota
  4. Wyoming
  5. West Virginia
  6. Louisiana
  7. Utah
  8. Tennessee
  9. Arkansas

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Can anyone answer me why so many democrats ran unopposed?
Why did the republican party not put up any candidates?
Are they part of the swamp and did not want to give the voters a choice?

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
Can anyone answer me why so many democrats ran unopposed?
Why did the republican party not put up any candidates?
Are they part of the swamp and did not want to give the voters a choice?
This is an issue in Texas as well. I know in some areas, if you aren’t giving out everything for free, the hood rats don’t care what you have to say.

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Still does not answer my question, Why absolutely no candidate at all?
They MUST put up a candidate even if it is a long shot. You have to give people a choice.
It is the primary duty of a political party to put up candidates for the people to vote for.
If they will not do that then you have one party rule.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2020/01/27/virginia-delegate-embarrasses-himself-assault-weapon-n2560157

Don't you just love the spin these politicians use to justify their position? I hope the audience realizes that the definition of mass shootings qualifies a handgun as a potential weapon of mass murder also. From the statistics I've seen, knives are a bigger problem since no one has to fill out a 4473 to get one. Did you notice all the foreign flags behind them? Obviously another attempt to justify their position. If they think those are better places to live, no one is stopping them from leaving. Most of these people that are comparing us to another country have never lived there or even visited those places.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Still does not answer my question, Why absolutely no candidate at all?
They MUST put up a candidate even if it is a long shot. You have to give people a choice.
It is the primary duty of a political party to put up candidates for the people to vote for.
If they will not do that then you have one party rule.
In Virginia, part of the answer is court-ordered redistricting. Gerrymandering is a way a party in power attempts to influence elections by redrawing electoral boundaries. In Virginia, the courts were asked to redraw districts because of... racism. Yes, that's right, the ol' spectre of The Man keeping the oppressed in chains was given to convince the court that certain Virginia districts needed to be re-drawn. The GOP had little time to adjust and pony up candidates. Not really an excuse, if you ask me. But there are reasons why the GOP failed to field a number of candidates.

Tonight is my first foray into an effort to change that. Pray for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts