Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been curious about this for a while, I am new to CC and I can imagine once you are used to being armed everyday it must be very strange to go somewhere for vacation and be unarmed. It also seems to me that when away from home is probably when we are most at risk.
Because of course when away we may not know what area's to avoid. Does anyone here travel only to states where they can carry?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I try to only visit states that I can carry in.......and New York isn't one of them. Sorry noticed your avatar said NY....

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I have been curious about this for a while, I am new to CC and I can imagine once you are used to being armed everyday it must be very strange to go somewhere for vacation and be unarmed. It also seems to me that when away from home is probably when we are most at risk.
Because of course when away we may not know what area's to avoid. Does anyone here travel only to states where they can carry?
If I have a choice. Sometimes the job takes me places I would rather not go, but it pays the bills, so I go. For personal time, only if visiting the wife's family will I go where I would otherwise not go. I don't like it, but sometimes you just have to do it.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
I have a PA non-resident permit, which in conjunction with my SC resident permit, allows me to carry just about anywhere that I'd care to visit.

Of course, PA is getting ready to drop their non-resident permit, so I plan on getting a Utah non-resident before they drop-kick me.

Here's where you can research your options: Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I try to only visit states that I can carry in.......and New York isn't one of them. Sorry noticed your avatar said NY....
No apology needed,we do not have nearly enough Patriots left here, many nice people fall for the scare tactic's that are helping the politicians
take away our freedom.

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
I have not been out of state for more or less 5 years (I think). For that matter the last time I went more than 100M from my ponderosa it was June 2010. I just stick close to the home compound doncha know. It usedta be I ALWAYS CCed when going to the big metro centers. Now that I CC 24/7 it's just sumpin I don't think about. My Rule Of Thumb is...if I can't drive there I ain't goin' there. HUA

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
My VA permit is recognized in all the states I travel through except a 30 minute drive through the tip of MD.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Why would I spend my money in a state that does not support my rights. It just gives them more money to push their agenda.

·
Registered
36,856 Posts
Most auto accidents occur within 25 miles of homes. I'd guess most crimes do also.

Carry (or not) does not control my life. If I wish to see the Grand Canyon, it can't come to me; I have to go to it.

·
Premium Member
34,273 Posts
I can't carry a firearm everywhere I travel, but I am never unarmed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My VA permit is recognized in all the states I travel through except a 30 minute drive through the tip of MD.
I so hate having to stop at the border of VA/PA to disarm myself...unload and store my EDC....drive through MD, then once across the border reverse the process....so annoying.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I travel to both coasts a few times a year, including to NYC. I can carry in every state I visit except 3 (CA, MD, NY). CA (Orange and LA) it would be nice, MD same, NYC I really don't care much, I can honestly say that I feel safer in the part of NYC that I visit (Lower/Midtown) than any other urban area I have ever been. Tons of us on here bash NYc, and often rightfully so, but the NYPD do an absolutely phenomenal job and have a VERY visible presence in this area, I have never had or seen any problems. When it comes to Bloomy, fire away, but I'll never criticize the NYPD as a whole and I have precisely zero sympathy for the out of towners who keep getting arrested in NYC for carrying, it's not exactly a secret that you can' t do it.

This thread is timely as I'm in Miami for a short trip this week/weekend. I have both a TX and FL (non res) permit, I brought both, along with my Glock 27, 3 mags, and a 50rd box of 180gr Gold Dots. I'm staying in Miami Beach at one of the well known hotels, but from what I saw on the drive in, I can see why there are over one million CWFLs!

·
Registered
367 Posts
My wife and I took a very nice cruise thru the inland passage of Alaska and we got to see Glacier Bay. That is a worthwhile cruise! However, they do not permit CCW.

I have one more cruise on my to-do agenda: Panama Canal.

Also, my wife wants to go to Hawaii--and they are one of the most liberal, anti-gun states in the USA.

Until this topic was raised, I had not given much thought to the pairing of CCW and vacations.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
If I can't carry in a particular state, I won't go there. Fortunately, any state that I travel to honors my FL permits.
Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!:hand2:

·
Banned
2,289 Posts
I have gone on about 140 vacations with no gun and still do. A vacation is not a vacation with a gun and limits what I can do. If you are concerned, just search the forum and count the number of people who have had to shoot their gun on vacation and act accordingly. :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
carry permt is good anywhere I spend my money or travel... or I don't go..and ohh how my lovely wife likes to travel..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts