Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the Table Cloth as my wife refuses to put it away right now. STILL wants that Christmas Snowman atmosphere ! ( I think this cloth is worse than the one @OD* has!
I have a 12 inch food sealer unit. We were sealing up some chicken and beef and I said heyy what the heck, I'll try an experiment
2 inch Smitty 5 Screw Pre Model 10 1948 Era
Same gun but with that dang Fangled Taurus 38 Spl I got a couple weeks ago. ( BTW S&W grips WILL FIT the Taurus of that age ( Early 5 screw S&W Model 10 Clone as the gun was probably made late 68 or so)
Just something to think about during these times we are going through!
White Motor vehicle Sleeve Automotive design Font
Art Painting Pattern Tints and shades Paint
Revolver Air gun Trigger Art Sleeve

· Premium Member
9,686 Posts
SO.........................I should bag up my pistols, & then boil'm, cause "times are tuff", & my cupboard is getting bare?

Sorry my friend, but I JUST couldn't resist. ;)

On a "real note", I've been pricing out "vacuum sealer's", & am about to get one, most probably, for just such.

· Registered
1,914 Posts
SO.........................I should bag up my pistols, & then boil'm, cause "times are tuff", & my cupboard is getting bare?

On a "real note", I've been pricing out "vacuum sealer's", & am about to get one, most probably, for just such.
We’ve ha a vacuum sealer for years. Excellent for long term freezer storage.

· Registered
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have those moments, that open myself up to good humor and getting dumped on!
I know you coudln't resist, cuz I'd do the very same if you posted it. GMTA ( great minds think alike) scary huh?
Sam's club had one made be food saver. Club price was 99.00 ( reg 149.00) I got a Cabela's one 12 inch "Pro Model" retail was 149.00 but employee price was about 80.00 OTD. I buy the rolls of bags and cut them individually.

· Registered
21,818 Posts
Sorry for the Table Cloth as my wife refuses to put it away right now. STILL wants that Christmas Snowman atmosphere ! ( I think this cloth is worse than the one @OD* has!
I have a 12 inch food sealer unit. We were sealing up some chicken and beef and I said heyy what the heck, I'll try an experiment
2 inch Smitty 5 Screw Pre Model 10 1948 Era
Same gun but with that dang Fangled Taurus 38 Spl I got a couple weeks ago. ( BTW S&W grips WILL FIT the Taurus of that age ( Early 5 screw S&W Model 10 Clone as the gun was probably made late 68 or so)
Just something to think about during these times we are going through!
View attachment 402171 View attachment 402172 View attachment 402173
Cool, that’s like the Homie’s do it cept they don’t have Christmas tablecloths 😉

Great idea! 👍🏻

· Registered
11,202 Posts
I don’t understand, what are you trying to accomplish.
Keeps it dry when you hide it in the toilet of that little Italian diner before your dinner meeting.

· Registered
78,789 Posts
Keeps it dry when you hide it in the toilet of that little Italian diner before your dinner meeting.
Or that "shower" gun some mention.

· Registered
19,055 Posts
I tried vacuum sealing ammo for storage after I made it. What I found was after a couple years several vacuum bags had broken their seal, but the ones I only sealed without vacuum all still had an airtight seal. Now when I make bulk ammo I seal the bags, but don't vacuum.
I just use GI ammo cans.

· Banned
3,312 Posts
Might be good for when you have to bury your guns for future use. Also put ammo and use a PVC Container. They are going to come your your guns eventually. How soon? Could be anyday with Brandon at the Helm. Already trying his best to get us into a World War.

· Registered
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Might be good for when you have to bury your guns for future use. Also put ammo and use a PVC Container. They are going to come your your guns eventually. How soon? Could be anyday with Brandon at the Helm. Already trying his best to get us into a World War.
^^^ That was part of my thought process. Just wanted to help show some options for those like us, who want to think forward.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts