Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some folks want a good holster that is available without a 6 month wait at a moderate price. I have attempted to put together a list of some makers who have a good reputation for quality and customer service with relatively short wait time.

I know this is not all inclusive, but it is what I could come up with. Feel free to add as you desire, but it would be helpful if you could provide this type of information. I have not intended to slight anyone, but I wanted to list those that reports here and other forums indicate they have skill, relatively short lead times, customer satisfaction, and moderate prices. I do not want to argue what is a moderate price, or short lead time, but instead to provide help for those who have not been here very long, and have little idea where to start. Maybe this can be a starting place. Hope I have not made typos or errors.

Desbiens gunleather No experience
Leather Products
Cost: $60 - $85
Delivery Times – Relatively short

Fist
HOLSTERS
Cost: $34.95 – $124.95 except shoulder holsters $154.90
Delivery Time – 6-8 weeks

Galco Not bad holsters, and in my view overpriced, but may be immediately available.
Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
Cost: $79 - $100 +
Delivery Times – Off shelf in retail stores

HBE Leather ( Higher quality than most on this list)
H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
Costs: Start at $95
Delivery Times – 4- 8 weeks

High Noon No experience
High Noon Holsters
Cost: $79.95 – $139.00
Delivery Times: 20 to 25 weeks for OWB Holsters, and about 8 to 12 weeks for IWB.

Don Hume
Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
Cost: $32.50 – $132.00
Delivery Times – Can be purchased from vendors

K&D (Well liked as to quality, service, and price.)
K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
Delivery Times – 14 – 16 weeks

Mitch Rosen ( One of the top makers, but has an Express line that is a stocked item)
Rosen Product Line
Costs: $75 Express Line - $170 Regular Line
Delivery Times – EXP line may be in stock.

Leather Products

AKJ Concealco – I have no experience with them.
AKJ Concealco LLC: IWB Holsters
Cost is under $70. For their "ReadyLine Holsters",
Delivery time from 2-3 weeks.

I have not tried or seen all the above maker’s products. Although there are many more those listed have a good reputation on the forums for quality and customer service.
Of those I have seen I consider the following the best buys with decent delivery times.

Fist I liked the J-frame holster I purchased.
Mitch Rosen Express line A friend has one and it looks good.
K&D I have a Laredo Defender for a G26 that I like real well. If the front sight is high make sure Kevin knows it.

If one wants the absolute best quality regardless of price and waiting time the following are my choices, not in order. Nossar, Brommeland, Sparks, Alessi (Lou passed away on2/21/09. His family is going to continue the business.) and Del Fatti. All will cost close to or in excess of $100, and waiting times are from 5 months to 2 years.
Lightning Arms Sports stocks some holsters from Sparks, Alessi, and Del Fatti. Their markups are very fair. They also stock others.
Lightning Arms Sports

Brommeland (may have a long wait, and in the past he has not delivered as promised.)
Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons Gary is a superb craftsman – maybe the best.
Delivery times – Unknown
Cost - $140 - $180

Coal Creek Armory stocks some Brommeland holsters. You may be able to order direct. In the past he has had problems with not meeting the dates promised, by a wide margin.
Coal Creek Armory - 865.966.4545 - Military, Law Enforcement, Civilian

Milt Sparks May be the best when wait time, cost, customer service, and quality are added up; I have several of his holsters, and they are as good as it gets. Allan Yoast Firearms, Brownells, and Top Gun Supply also sell Sparks products. Links on the Sparks site.
Milt Sparks Holsters
Cost - $77 - $110

Del Fatti One of the top 2 or 3 makers
Del Fatti Leather
Cost - $145 - $190
Delivery time – Not taking orders, and working on orders 2 years old.

Mitch Rosen His top line is as good as it gets.
Rosen Product Line
Cost $120 - $215
Delivery times - -Unknown

Alex Nossar One of the absolute best. Located in Peru. His holsters are works of art. None surpass his skills and few if any are his equal. He is a real gentleman also.
NOSSAR GUNLEATHER
Cost - $125 - $165
Delivery times - Unknown

For nice belts that are great gunbelts with reasonable delivery times (40 days) and price ($60 - $70) The Beltman gets the nod.
Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Kevin at HBE makes a nice belt, maybe a little nicer than Beltman according to reports.

All holster makers make belts. If ordering a new holster and if you do not have a good gun belt, then order a belt from the holster maker at the same time. You will be glad as it is matched to the holster.

Kydex Holsters

Comp-Tac. I have two or three of their standard paddle, and am pleased.
Comp-Tac : About Us
Cost - $55 to $80.
Delivery time is about 12 days.

Fobus It gets a lot of bad press, but my own experience has been good for the paddles. If the Evoluton is made for your gun I would prefer that one.
Fobus Holster
Cost - $28 - $30 for the standard and Evolution holsters. The Roto holsters do NOT have a good reputation.

Blade – Tech I have a couple of these, but have not used them much. They seem to be good quality.
Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries
Cost - $28 - $65
Delivery times – 3 weeks

Although Uncle Mike’s and Galco make Kydex paddle holsters I have found that they ride high and permit the gun to ride out from your body. Some like them, but I don’t.

Hope this is a help. Mods if this is too long do as you will.

Some information may have changed from the time I got it.

Best Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
124 Posts

I would like to add I just got a Custom Com 3 from Eric & had it in hand in less than 12 days. As good of quality as Sparks IMHO.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Rhome Desbien also does belts. $80 I think they are now. I have been wearing the same one he made me for two years now. Still does the job every day.

Here is a recent holster that he made me for my EDC Colt Defender...

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks for the kind words......very appreciated.
God bless......Shoot well

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
O P hasn't been on forum in two years! Welcome to the forum, Beard,, from Texas.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't think this is a thread that deserves nixin' just cause its a zombie. It seems to be a handy thread for someone looking to get an immediate holster of good quality and moderate price (such as myself). I'd love to have a custom holster but both the wait and the price keep me from getting one at the moment.

I'll add one that I came across looking for IWB for my 3" SP101 and didn't want to wait; Winthrop Holsters. Never heard of it before, not that I'm overly familar with the holster market. Leather is of good quality, though a bit on the stiff side. For an IWB, I do like that. Holds my SP101 where it belongs and allows for a good draw and reholster. No wait time. Decent price, anywhere from $25 to $65 for most of their products (mine was $55). Doesn't get used terribly often, mostly when I run into town for gas or beer and/or I'm looking for an excuse to carry the .357.

101_0728.jpg

Reactions: grady

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Another option that is fairly easy to find and reasonably priced is Desantis Gunhide I own and use a few of thier holsters, all my handmade custum leather is by BangBang Gunleather

·
Registered
593 Posts
Another good one is Sideguard Holsters.My first one was for my LCR 357 and it was a perfect fit for a IWB HOLSTER and I think it has one of the best Clips I have ever used. wait time is a lot shorter then what their web-site says.Just ordered another one for a small auto for only $50 with shipping inc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a Winthrop for my Rami and I have to say, it is great. 1 week wait time. I had to very lightly sand a few rough edges but i cannot complain one bit for the price!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Another option that is fairly easy to find and reasonably priced is Desantis Gunhide I own and use a few of thier holsters, all my handmade custum leather is by BangBang Gunleather
I have one from BangBang for my Walther PPK/S and it is just a fine little pancake rig. This guy does fine work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
TT Gunleather. Right up there with Milt Sparks, but much quicker. Got my last IWB "Mikes Special" in two weeks.
I'll second this; Tim Thurber of TT Gunleather does great work and has just a few weeks wait as of now. Here's one he made for my G43, the KX Lightweight IWB.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Some folks want a good holster that is available without a 6 month wait at a moderate price. I have attempted to put together a list of some makers who have a good reputation for quality and customer service with relatively short wait time.

I know this is not all inclusive, but it is what I could come up with. Feel free to add as you desire, but it would be helpful if you could provide this type of information. I have not intended to slight anyone, but I wanted to list those that reports here and other forums indicate they have skill, relatively short lead times, customer satisfaction, and moderate prices. I do not want to argue what is a moderate price, or short lead time, but instead to provide help for those who have not been here very long, and have little idea where to start. Maybe this can be a starting place. Hope I have not made typos or errors.

Leather Products

Fist
HOLSTERS
Cost: $34.95 – $124.95 except shoulder holsters $154.90
Delivery Time – 6-8 weeks

Galco Not bad holsters, and in my view overpriced, but may be immediately available.
Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
Cost: $79 - $100 +
Delivery Times – Off shelf in retail stores

High Noon No experience
High Noon Holsters
Cost: $79.95 – $139.00
Delivery Times: 20 to 25 weeks for OWB Holsters, and about 8 to 12 weeks for IWB.

Don Hume
Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.
Cost: $32.50 – $132.00
Delivery Times – Can be purchased from vendors

K&D (Well liked as to quality, service, and price.)
K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
Delivery Times – 14 – 16 weeks

Mitch Rosen ( One of the top makers, but has an Express line that is a stocked item)
Rosen Product Line
Costs: $75 Express Line - $170 Regular Line
Delivery Times – EXP line may be in stock.

Leather Products

AKJ Concealco – I have no experience with them.
AKJ Concealco LLC: IWB Holsters
Cost is under $70. For their "ReadyLine Holsters",
Delivery time from 2-3 weeks.

I have not tried or seen all the above maker’s products. Although there are many more those listed have a good reputation on the forums for quality and customer service.
Of those I have seen I consider the following the best buys with decent delivery times.

Fist I liked the J-frame holster I purchased.
Mitch Rosen Express line A friend has one and it looks good.
K&D I have a Laredo Defender for a G26 that I like real well. If the front sight is high make sure Kevin knows it.

If one wants the absolute best quality regardless of price and waiting time the following are my choices, not in order. Nossar, Brommeland, Sparks, Alessi (Lou passed away on2/21/09. His family is going to continue the business.) and Del Fatti. All will cost close to or in excess of $100, and waiting times are from 5 months to 2 years.
Lightning Arms Sports stocks some holsters from Sparks, Alessi, and Del Fatti. Their markups are very fair. They also stock others.
Lightning Arms Sports

Brommeland (may have a long wait, and in the past he has not delivered as promised.)
Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons Gary is a superb craftsman – maybe the best.
Delivery times – Unknown
Cost - $140 - $180

Coal Creek Armory stocks some Brommeland holsters. You may be able to order direct. In the past he has had problems with not meeting the dates promised, by a wide margin.
Coal Creek Armory - 865.966.4545 - Military, Law Enforcement, Civilian

Milt Sparks May be the best when wait time, cost, customer service, and quality are added up; I have several of his holsters, and they are as good as it gets. Allan Yoast Firearms, Brownells, and Top Gun Supply also sell Sparks products. Links on the Sparks site.
Milt Sparks Holsters
Cost - $77 - $110

Del Fatti One of the top 2 or 3 makers
Del Fatti Leather
Cost - $145 - $190
Delivery time – Not taking orders, and working on orders 2 years old.

Mitch Rosen His top line is as good as it gets.
Rosen Product Line
Cost $120 - $215
Delivery times - -Unknown

Alex Nossar One of the absolute best. Located in Peru. His holsters are works of art. None surpass his skills and few if any are his equal. He is a real gentleman also.
NOSSAR GUNLEATHER
Cost - $125 - $165
Delivery times - Unknown

For nice belts that are great gunbelts with reasonable delivery times (40 days) and price ($60 - $70) The Beltman gets the nod.
Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Kevin at HBE makes a nice belt, maybe a little nicer than Beltman according to reports.

All holster makers make belts. If ordering a new holster and if you do not have a good gun belt, then order a belt from the holster maker at the same time. You will be glad as it is matched to the holster.

Kydex Holsters

Comp-Tac. I have two or three of their standard paddle, and am pleased.
Comp-Tac : About Us
Cost - $55 to $80.
Delivery time is about 12 days.

Fobus It gets a lot of bad press, but my own experience has been good for the paddles. If the Evoluton is made for your gun I would prefer that one.
Fobus Holster
Cost - $28 - $30 for the standard and Evolution holsters. The Roto holsters do NOT have a good reputation.

Blade – Tech I have a couple of these, but have not used them much. They seem to be good quality.
Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries
Cost - $28 - $65
Delivery times – 3 weeks

Although Uncle Mike’s and Galco make Kydex paddle holsters I have found that they ride high and permit the gun to ride out from your body. Some like them, but I don’t.

Hope this is a help. Mods if this is too long do as you will.

Some information may have changed from the time I got it.

Best Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned the Versacarry Nobulk Holster for a while now and it is amazing. They have different sizes depending on your guns barrel length so I was easily able to find one to fit my Glock 17. I have tried other conceal carry holsters but being as slim as I am they all left a very noticeable imprint of the holster and firearm but with this holster I dont have that problem. This holster keeps my firearm close to my body allowing me to bend and sit comfortably. I had an experience where I was at a state fair and forgot I was carrying and went to get on a ride called the zipper which spun you around in all directions but my firearm stayed safely secured the entire ride. Another great feature I love is that although it is caliber specific it isn't gun specific like lots of other holsters out there that are specifically molded to fit a gun so i can use a different firearm if wanted, because its not molded I am also able to have a laser (seen in picture) or light on my firearm. They have lots of other styles and options available and most importantly they are very affordable.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts