Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to join GOA. They appear better organized than the NRA. Others have an opinion on that (not trying to hijack the thread here....).
They are definitely coming up to fill the NRA's shoes. I have heard Eric Pratt, their Executive Vice President, speak and he is impressive. He is everything WLP should be, but isn't. Don't forget the SAF also. They are getting some great work done in the courts.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
They are definitely coming up to fill the NRA's shoes. I have heard Eric Pratt, their Executive Vice President, speak and he is impressive. He is everything WLP should be, but isn't. Don't forget the SAF also. They are getting some great work done in the courts.
Ditto this ^^^^^^

Reactions: Hoganbeg

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I just donated to the GOA and SAF. Reluctant to give money to the NRA though. I was just thinking that if 100 million gun owners donated just $20 each for both SAF and GOA, there would be over $4 billion ($20 times 200 million donations) in the coffers every year. That should give Bloomburg and other anti-gunners a lot of push back. Even half of that would be more than enough. Too bad so much time, money, and energy is needed to keep a RIGHT.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Some bright lawyers worked overtime on getting that out so quickly and in such good shape.

All too often, Tyrants in the US ignore the Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate as argued in the document. Fundamentally, it was at the core of our prosecution of NAZI officials in post-WWII Germany. Essentially, lesser officials could not cop out of responsibility by claiming to merely be "following orders". The UCMJ also follows along with this principle in stating that following unlawful orders is not excusable because a superior officer issued them.

It seems plain to me that the impeachment of both the VA Governor and the AG is called for based on their violations of their oaths of office in advocating the violation of both the US and VA constitutions.

Info on the UCMJ on Unlawful orders: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/military-orders-3332819

·
Premium Member
33,765 Posts
Y'all are just being paranoid and unreasonable. Sez so right here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-growing-cultish-paranoia-over-second-amendment-sanctuaries-183328100.html

"In Virginia, home of the National Rifle Association, the movement has ramped up after Democrats took over both chambers of the state General Assembly in the Nov. 5 election and vowed to pass meaningful gun control laws. More than 400 people showed up earlier this week to a meeting in Buckingham County to voice unfounded fears that the government would take away their guns."

Reactions: NECCdude

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It seems to be a very well-crafted response. I hope the Virginia General Assembly takes heed!

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Yep, Virginians are a bunch of paranoid whiners - NOT. The only laws that are necessary are for murder and assault and for prohibited/dangerous persons. Anything else is an infringement of the second amendment. Of course, that's just my opinion. How did Monk always put it: "I could be wrong but I'm not".

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The GOA has been on the rise! It's much needed!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I applaud the citizens of the great Commonwealth of Virginia for NOT kneeling down to tyranny.. In NY it came and was accepted with nary a whimper, and actually was applauded state wide, by an ignorant population of sheep......

·
Registered
601 Posts
I received the letter via email while I was waiting for a haircut. I read the entire thing, and marveled at how well-crafted, sourced, logical and complete it was.

Of course, the "liberals" (ha, there's a word that doesn't apply!) will simply ignore it. At best, they'll shrug it off as the mewlings of a hate group.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I still say VA with the incoming Gun Nazi`s is starting to look like Berlin 1933. A thought in the back of my mind is screaming "This Will End Up Ugly"!!!. Hoping Not BUT?.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I applaud the citizens of the great Commonwealth of Virginia for NOT kneeling down to tyranny.. In NY it came and was accepted with nary a whimper, and actually was applauded state wide, by an ignorant population of sheep......
Indeed sir, that is a sad commentary on the good people of New York.

·
Super Moderator
16,134 Posts
Y'all are just being paranoid and unreasonable. Sez so right here:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/the-growing-cultish-paranoia-over-second-amendment-sanctuaries-183328100.html

"In Virginia, home of the National Rifle Association, the movement has ramped up after Democrats took over both chambers of the state General Assembly in the Nov. 5 election and vowed to pass meaningful gun control laws. More than 400 people showed up earlier this week to a meeting in Buckingham County to voice unfounded fears that the government would take away their guns."
No apology but I place Yahoo news in the same category as cnn, unbelievable.

Reactions: Mike1956

·
Super Moderator
19,236 Posts
Very well-written and really not difficult to understand.

The part I like the best is where the paper uses the Governor and AG's own past actions supporting declarations of sanctuary cities/area as rope to hang them with. Note to Northam and Herring: you can't have it both ways. You can't claim the moral high ground of resistance to an unconstitutional legislative act you don't like, then decry resistance to an unconstitutional legislative act you do like.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Very well-written and really not difficult to understand.

The part I like the best is where the paper uses the Governor and AG's own past actions supporting declarations of sanctuary cities/area as rope to hang them with. Note to Northam and Herring: you can't have it both ways. You can't claim the moral high ground of resistance to an unconstitutional legislative act you don't like, then decry resistance to an unconstitutional legislative act you do like.
This was one of the things I liked most about the letter, aside from how well it was written. The hypocrisy of Northam and Herring needed to be called out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts