Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one tried one of these yet? My BIL has been wanting a OWB holster for a while now, and since Christmas is just around the corner I thought I might hook him up. The price looks good, as does the holster... at least online. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Good grief that looks awful. That's a short pistol bucket, not a holster.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
If you want my opinion, you've gotta' post a picture or, at least, a link. I'll exert very, very little effort to answer a question as personally subjective as a...holster. :hand5:

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
If you want my opinion, you've gotta' post a picture or, at least, a link. I'll exert very, very little effort to answer a question as personally subjective as a...holster. :hand5:
A link would be nice.... Like this one.

Versacarry® Leather Holsters

For $30, you're going to get what you pay for. I don't understand the attraction to holsters that don't at least cover the entire muzzle. For another $20-$30 you could have something decent from Galco or Desantis that would work much better.

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ditto on the "no thanks" from here.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
A link would be nice.... Like this one.

Versacarry® Leather Holsters

For $30, you're going to get what you pay for. I don't understand the attraction to holsters that don't at least cover the entire muzzle. For another $20-$30 you could have something decent from Galco or Desantis that would work much better.
Ian, you can actually get an excellent holster for $35.00 - like these:

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/collections/top-sellers

VersaCarry ? NO WAY !

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I own the Versa Carry water buffalo belt slide. I bought it with the thought I might use it for my Sig P320. It's really not stiff enough for the weight of that gun and I didn't care for the fit either.

That said, I decided to try it with my Ruger Lc9s, normally carried in my pocket. Although the holster fitted for the Sig P320 is way oversize for the Lc9s, it actually works pretty well on that gun. Conceals very easily, draws well, comfortable enough to forget you are wearing it.

So for $30 I'm fine with having repurposed the holster. I also ordered a Tueller iwb for the P320 ( very nice holster). If the Versa Carry was my only option for the Sig it would have been a waste of $30. So I guess it comes down to the weight of the gun you want to use it for. Heavy gun? Steer clear of it.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Water buffalo ?? You will never need another holster even in your grandkids lifetime. They don't wear out. Buffalo hide is strong and last decades, and Water Buffalo even more so. Be aware, they will not "break in" and alter their contour easily at all .... their leather /skin is not like cow hide. What you have is likely what you have. Unless they have thinned it out or treated it, it's where it's going to be and will show little wear over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts