1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Toxic Conversation About Guns | SlowFacts

The Toxic Conversation About Guns

April 14, 2013

It is a well worn cliché that sex and religion are forbidden subjects at dinner parties. Well, add gun-rights to the list! Why is self-defense such a toxic subject that people usually talk past each other when they try to discuss it? That subject may be your passion or violence may be your biggest fear, but that means you are a small minority. Here is one reason we can’t communicate. Most people have only a vague opinion about violence, self-defense and firearms. They know what they read in the headlines. Culture changes when we move the majority to our side one small step at a time.

SNIP

Read the whole thing. Very good. Very well written.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Good article. Not sure how well it would work with a rabid anti, but for someone who is not pro-gun but open minded I can see where the 1 step at a time process could work.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, DaveH. Glad you liked it.
Tack
Slowfacts
Welcome to the DC Forum.

Your well written logic will be appreciated by many of us, I am sure.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good article. Not sure how well it would work with a rabid anti, but for someone who is not pro-gun but open minded I can see where the 1 step at a time process could work.
Actually, I'll link to it in exchanges with rabid antis.

The cool well presented logic is far better than my poorly proofed / dashed off blurbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sometime all you need to do is add a small thread of thought. Plant a seed, sit back and let it grow.

If they bring up the subject next time you talk, you know it took.

Very good article, by the way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts