Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a concealed carry holster but, thought you folks might like to see it. It's an interesting bit of holster history.
It's obviously no longer in pristine condition.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'll bet it was really sharp in it's day. Thanks for the pictures QK.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No provenance for this one.

I decided that I'm going to copy one that's featured in the book Packing Iron. I'll post a pic when I get it done.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Very interesting, I'm curious about those multiple slits that show up in all the pieces, as well as the purpose of the dual buckles on the belt. Mostly I'm curious how you keep coming up with all these uber-cool carry rigs. :yup:
Jack

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very interesting; thanks for sharing!

I don't think they're slots. They appear to be raised pieces of horn-back scales.

I was wondering about the dual buckle too. I would bet the owner outgrew the rig, and the additional piece was a way of extending the belt length to keep it servicable and matching.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks alot like the rigs I used to see in Texas, Rangers loved them,, maybe an old S.D.Myers,

Slits I'll bet are just either expansion slots in the skin so as it ages it doesn't pull apart , or maybe just skin texure in and of itself,,

That dual belt buckle rig, is nothing more then a waist expanded,, You know Ole guy useage

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Mark Garrity said:
I was wondering about the dual buckle too. I would bet the owner outgrew the rig, and the additional piece was a way of extending the belt length to keep it servicable and matching.
Hell Mark, I keep waiting for one of you leather wizards to invent a belt stretcher so I don't have to keep buying new ones. Why don'cha bring that up at the next Wizard's convention? :blink:
Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alligator holster for 1911 colt

Not really a concealed carry holster but, thought you folks might like to see it. It's an interesting bit of holster history.
It's obviously no longer in pristine condition.

I ran across this thread but there was no picture. Did the holster look like this? 100_1022.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts