Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened at 1 AM this morning, 20 minutes from where I live. A guy sets off his own home alarm and then shoots at responding cops. Amazingly, no one was hit in the resulting exchange of gunfire. The guy was found hiding in a neighboring structure and taken into custody. I only post it because I've never heard of anything like this.

·
Registered
10,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Failed ambush.
I wonder if this guy is "known to police" or a first timer.
Could be, but if so, it was a spectacularly incompetent ambush. I wonder if the guy was drunk, accidentally set off his own alarm but thought it was for real. Then he thought the cops were bad guys. When he realized his screw-up, he tried to hide. Who knows? It's a strange one.

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Many folks are blowing fuses these days. Sounds like he just went full nut job. Good outcome with no one hurt.

Reactions: Pete63 and airslot

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Looks like a stand up guy to me......

Reactions: riverrambler

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
Just happened at 1 AM this morning, 20 minutes from where I live. A guy sets off his own home alarm and then shoots at responding cops. Amazingly, no one was hit in the resulting exchange of gunfire. The guy was found hiding in a neighboring structure and taken into custody. I only post it because I've never heard of anything like this.

A few years ago a guy did something similar and killed a few firemen. People ambush the cops frequently.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Strange situation but no stranger than a picture of the guy with a mask on. Why bother?
With no numbers or lettering in the image, I am thinking that is a booking photo, rather than an official mugshot. When I did my rotation in the PD lock-up, all prisoners were photographed shortly after entering the booking area, to document their general physical appearance, then, after booking, were photographed again, with the arrest/booking numbers, for the official mug shot.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I agree with the botched ambush theory, as being highly-likely. Intoxication and/or incompetence could be why his shots missed.

It is also possible that he just wanted wanted to go to jail, but not actually kill anyone. He certainly gets his fifteen minutes of fame, if that is what he wanted.

·
Registered
460 Posts
With no numbers or lettering in the image, I am thinking that is a booking photo, rather than an official mugshot. When I did my rotation in the PD lock-up, all prisoners were photographed shortly after entering the booking area, to document their general physical appearance, then, after booking, were photographed again, with the arrest/booking numbers, for the official mug shot.
Even so, I can't understand the reasoning of not removing a mask for a booking photo.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
As I see it, his having a mask on would be part of his "condition" when brought in for booking. It's also possible that the officers masked him for their own protection and he managed to partially dislodge it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
News account says the officers announced themselves. Do I trust what the news said? Nope. Let's see and listen to the body cam. Bet they DIDN"T announce themselves.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
I’m guessing he missed because his long hair blocked his view of his sights...:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts