Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the day we set aside to honor all men and women who have severed our country. Put aside any political differences and honor the brave who fought and died for your freedom. :yup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Amen.....I'll make sure to call my Father in Law today to thank him, and also thank every Vet I see today.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month was set aside for Armistice day. Commemorating the end of WW1.
This became Veterans day in 1954 under the signature of President (General) Eisenhower. Today at the 11th hour wherever you are, a quiet moment of prayer for those who served would be appreciated. Especially those who were of the Greatest Generation that we are losing by the thousands every day. 4 months ago I lost my Uncle Johnny who was 92. He was up to his eyeballs in battle in Europe. He went in D+21 and was wounded twice and each time sent back to fight. That leaves 1 WW2 veteran left in our entire family. He is in a walker and becoming confused. I weep for them and thank God for them.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: kerberos

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
The 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month was set aside for Armistice day. Commemorating the end of WW1.
This became Veterans day in 1954 under the signature of President (General) Eisenhower. Today at the 11th hour wherever you are, a quiet moment of prayer for those who served would be appreciated. Especially those who were of the Greatest Generation that we are losing by the thousands every day. 4 months ago I lost my Uncle Johnny who was 92. He was up to his eyeballs in battle in Europe. He went in D+21 and was wounded twice and each time sent back to fight. That leaves 1 WW2 veteran left in our entire family. He is in a walker and becoming confused. I weep for them and thank God for them.
Yeah, all the WWII vets in my family are gone. What stories of the war we all got as kids growing up in the 50's.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My late father was U.S. Army Infantry during WWII. He passed in 2002 but when he served he helped his generation fight the worst kind of evil in his day. This evil has reared its head several times since and it is our vets who answered the call. They sacrificed for us and their sacrifices have not gone unnoticed by my family. To all our vets everywhere "Thank You" does not seem enough. Every time my wife sees a vet wearing a cap displaying their service she gives them a hug and thank you. As I said it is just not enough. Thank all of you for all you have done and all you have suffered. Take care and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I rode my Harley Davidson over to our local dealer today with two other Veterans for a free lunch. It sure feels great to be appreciated. I was in the USN during Vietnam and back then we were "Baby Killers".
Welcome home.

:hand15:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thank you veterans, past, present and future, for your service and sacrifice. Without it, we would not be a free democratic nation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts