Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,668 Posts
:rant: :rant: :rant:

Top to bottom overhauls are needed.

"Staff did not accurately address housebound benefits," the report concluded. "As a result, some veterans did not receive benefits to which they were entitled, while taxpayer funds were wasted paying other veterans who did not meet the eligibility criteria."

The IG report blamed the errors on a faulty electronic system, poor training and management allowing VA staff to "arbitrarily decide these claims."

·
Registered
9,340 Posts

Yes, let's start at the top !
Ditto the turds in DC will give thousands in welfare to those poor destitute Syrian refugees (SARCASM!) but let Vets go homeless, deny VA benefits. The active troops even get denied a cost of living raise for their families.

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
So many government officials in Iran need the money much more than our Veterans.

I am absolutely certain that our Vets will understand....after all....the only thing they ever did was put their lives on the line for our country.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Its a shame that my expectations of the VA are so low that I can read this and not even be phased by it.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Sadly, this story will soon be getting even worse. If you served after WW!! and Before Vietnam, you are classified as a, "peace time veteran". Those veterans were called in to learn about their health care and benefits through the veteran's administration. They went home and waited for benefits letters to arrive. But when they open them they are informed that they were miss informed by the V.A.. They are classified as peacetime veterans so no benefits will apply. Still trying to get to the bottom of this breaking story which was told by a veteran, sorry, "A peace time Veteran."

Is this like the Ft Hood Shooting and work place violence so no V.A. insurance benefits would be paid to those that willingly gave their life or limb that tragic day of terrorism at Ft. Hood?

Plenty of Obummer money for muslim refugees but not for our United States war time hero's?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Its a shame that my expectations of the VA are so low that I can read this and not even be phased by it.
I just read all the other commits. I feel I know you a little bit enough to say, I know you better than that but I understand your statement completely. Its almost like our guberment keeps burning the flag. We people are silly enough that we keep putting a new one back up in its place. Rant off.

Really hard to comment without getting banned as off recent.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I just read all the other commits. I feel I know you a little bit enough to say, I know you better than that but I understand your statement completely. Its almost like our guberment keeps burning the flag. We people are silly enough that we keep putting a new one back up in its place. Rant off.

Really hard to comment without getting banned as off recent.
It just doesnt come as a surprise to me is all. What will it take before something finally gets changed in that department?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The VA has been a "sucking chest wound" for decades. Every politician, at every level, proclaim their support for veterans and decry the abysmal treatment veterans receive at the VA. Yet no definitive changes happen. "Why?" you ask. It's actually very simple...votes. Vets are great political fodder for election/re-election, but do not comprise a large enough voting bloc to change the outcome of general election.

The VA is staffed by civil servants. There are many VA employees who are caring and dedicated to serving our vets. That-being-said, after 3 duty stations working in facilities where civilians outnumbered (3 to 1) military personnel, those dedicated GS personnel are few and far between. Once a GS reaches a management position it becomes more about "the process" (read: bureaucracy), meeting minimum standards, and increasing their budget/personnel (thereby building their little empire).

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I'm 40% disabled according to the VA. I went to the doctor for chronic migraines that last as long as a month and they determined that I have brain damage caused by a head injury sustained while I was on active duty. The scar tissue is slowly cutting off circulation to my brain causing memory loss and headaches. I went back to the VA with statements from the doctors and MRIs to see if I could get my disability increased. They increased it by 10%, but took away 10% from another injury.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Veterans Benefits Network Forums
As a 100% retired veteran, the above site is where I went to get help and advice on claims. On this site you will find retired VA, current raters and retired ones. Retired military, vets both peace time. Trying to work your claim alone, can be difficult. A good veteran service officer will help.

This is the mission statement from the above site.

Welcome To VBN. We Do NOT Want Your Money. Veterans Helping Veterans, As It Should Be.

Robert

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
My comment is NOT meant to be humorous: If HE is elected I wonder how many people will be fired.
Hoping he will place disabled veterans in each spot he fires!

·
Super Moderator
24,668 Posts
I'm 40% disabled according to the VA. I went to the doctor for chronic migraines that last as long as a month and they determined that I have brain damage caused by a head injury sustained while I was on active duty. The scar tissue is slowly cutting off circulation to my brain causing memory loss and headaches. I went back to the VA with statements from the doctors and MRIs to see if I could get my disability increased. They increased it by 10%, but took away 10% from another injury.
^^^^^ :rant:

:puke:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My comment is NOT meant to be humorous: If HE is elected I wonder how many people will be fired.
Probably none. I've battled the government civilian unions for 40 years and they're very powerful. Every time they appoint a new head of the VA, they vow to fire the deadwood and fix the system. They all fail. The only way I can see it happening is if they gut the VA and rebuild it from the ground up.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts