Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the Elvis Ammo youtube video on using a vibratory tumbler as a wet tumbler and I thought to myself "hey I got one of those"!!!
It works did some 9mm and some 38spc and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Dawn, lemishine and water throw in some 300 cases and let it run for an hour. Best I can describe what's happening is the tumbler becomes a big "ultrasonic" cleaner maybe not as good as a true ultrasonic but it does the job. Some boring pics of the tumbler running notice the wave action and the beads of water "dancing" across the surface. Some 9mm before and after pics and some very impressive pics of the inside of the cases that's where the magic really happens the case start of so dirty you can't even see the inside. Try it out see what y'all think.
Fluid Gas Road surface Asphalt Circle
Fluid Ingredient Dish Cuisine Computer keyboard
Hand Finger Household hardware Wood Auto part
Hand Finger Yellow Musical instrument Wind instrument

Automotive tire Gesture Finger Body jewelry Asphalt
Glasses Tire Wheel Hand Arm
Body jewelry Gesture Finger Wood Cosmetics
Dishware Tableware Serveware Pattern Electric blue

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Looks like you did a pretty good job of cleaning. I like it. Good to have options.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you did a pretty good job of cleaning. I like it. Good to have options.
Yeah I had pretty much retired that tumbler and now it's back in action.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You didn’t use pins? If not, that’s a lot cleaner than I would have expected.
No pins used as this doesn't really move the brass very much it just sits there and vibrates. Been messing with the amount of dawn and lemishine and it keeps getting better. Easily cleaned about 300 cases of 38spc. Uses about 3 qts of water.
Water Steel casing pipe Cylinder Boat Font

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My procedure.
Empty tumbler dawn and lemishine pour in a bit of water to dissolve the dawn and lemishine.
Add brass.
Cover brass with water.
Run tumbler for one hour.
Rinse in bucket.
Let dry.
Simple

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finger Material property Household hardware Gun accessory Thumb

About as good as it gets. Not bad at all just saved myself some scratch not having to buy a wet tumbler.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
One of the solutions I use in a Ultrasonic cleaner is Simple Green. This seems to cut carbon off gun parts really well. It might do really well in your vibratory machine as well. Might be worth a try. I do like how well it cleans the insides. DR

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the solutions I use in a Ultrasonic cleaner is Simple Green. This seems to cut carbon off gun parts really well. It might do really well in your vibratory machine as well. Might be worth a try. I do like how well it cleans the insides. DR
I'll give it a try on my next batch.

·
Registered
45,250 Posts
I been watching a series of interviews with champion long-range rifle shooters, one the current F-Class open 1000-yard national champion. The two in the latest video said they don't tumble, they just wipe the cases off and resize. The guys shoot the X-ring out at 1000 yards. Maybe cleaning cases is overrated?

Reactions: DARSIG

·
Registered
15,809 Posts
I been watching a series of interviews with champion long-range rifle shooters, one the current F-Class open 1000-yard national champion. The two in the latest video said they don't tumble, they just wipe the cases off and resize. The guys shoot the X-ring out at 1000 yards. Maybe cleaning cases is overrated?
Cosmetic mostly.

·
Registered
45,250 Posts
Cosmetic mostly.
They seemed totally unconcerned with dirty primer pockets and case insides. Wipe the dirt and soot off and reload.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They seemed totally unconcerned with dirty primer pockets and case insides. Wipe the dirt and soot off and reload.
Agreed its mostly cosmetic but hey its not going to hurt and all the case cleaning and prep keeps Tangle busy.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And I just cleaned about 1000 9mm and 38spc cases no way no how I'm going to be whipping that many cases when I can dump them in the wet vibratory tumbler.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Something about brass that shines just revs my motor….

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I ran a batch with the simple green and for me the dawn gives a nicer shine. Both were equal in cleaning the inside of the case.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lemishine makes numerous producs. Which one are you referring to, and how much is used ?

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
i would be concerned.....more about durability of the vib machine.

fluid is a lot heavier than media, and adds more stress on the bowl from the weight and handling of the bowl.

but it seems to work. I am thinking it will accelerate wear on the device due to the additional weight of a now liquid media being substituted for dry media.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lemishine makes numerous producs. Which one are you referring to, and how much is used ?

Food Drink Ingredient Junk food Tin can

One 9mm case full. It's a measurement that I have seen in various places so have always gone with that.

Reactions: crstrode

·
Registered
687 Posts
Something about brass that shines just revs my motor….
I'm ex-Navy -- I have NO desire for shiny brass... I polished more than my fair share of it when I was in the Navy and I'm more than willing to settle for the oiled bronze patina look these days... :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts