Defensive Carry banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i would be concerned.....more about durability of the vib machine.

fluid is a lot heavier than media, and adds more stress on the bowl from the weight and handling of the bowl.

but it seems to work. I am thinking it will accelerate wear on the device due to the additional weight of a now liquid media being substituted for dry media.
A valid concern. I'll look around the garage and see if I have any of the crushed walnut to do a weight comparison.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I would think that just about any decent dishwasher soap would work, my big concern about it would be how long the tumbler bowl would last with all that exposure to the water - will it end up getting dried out and crack, and how long will it take?

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I would think that just about any decent dishwasher soap would work, my big concern about it would be how long the tumbler bowl would last with all that exposure to the water - will it end up getting dried out and crack, and how long will it take?
The plastic "feels" like any other plastic bucket type of plastic so I'd imagine it wouldn't dry out and crack. I'll look at it closer and see if I can find some markings to determine the plastic type.

·
Super Moderator
19,014 Posts
When I first reloaded I did not tumble brass. Once I got a tumbler I found the brass ran much smoother through the reloader. I currently soak brass in leashing/dish soap/ water , then once dry tumble. This make super slick /clean casings that run slick through my reloader. The brass soak gets dirt and grit loose Imo and worth the extra step.

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
When I first reloaded I did not tumble brass. Once I got a tumbler I found the brass ran much smoother through the reloader. I currently soak brass in leashing/dish soap/ water , then once dry tumble. This make super slick /clean casings that run slick through my reloader. The brass soak gets dirt and grit loose Imo and worth the extra step.
Some have speculated that the fine powder left from dry tumbling acts as a sort of dry powder lube when run thru the dies.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts