Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this slightly extended mag release to both my G19 and G26. I've carried my G26 so equipped for a few weeks now, and no issue with the mag coming loose in the holster.

Fired my G26 today, and the extended release does make mag changes faster. I still find I need to twist the grip just a bit to engage the release, but not as much as the stock release button.

Overall, a worthy upgrade. It's more expensive than some others, but no worries about it being too long and accidentally dumping the mag.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Pictures! we gotta see the upgrade.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yeah, please post pics if you can. I've heard good things about this mod over other extended mag releases. I was worried about the mag releasing when I don't want it to (in the holster) and this one sounds like it may be the way to go.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Yeah, we'd love a pic. The Glock Factory Extended mag release seems heinously long. So it's nice to know there's one that does the job without overkill.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well, as others have stated....pics! I put a Glock OEM extended mag release on the G19 for my wife to shoot steel challenge matches with because she needed something other than going to her weak hand thumb for a release. But we've had to be careful in selecting the best holster that doesn't interfere with it as I've found out with the Fobus holsters both of us use for the competition. One of them will press the extended release, and one of them is cut a good quarter inch below where it indexes. For CC, I have tried the Glock OEM extended mag release on my G19, and quite frankly, it's hard to deal with against my skin. It pinches and pokes where there should be no pain. It just aint happenin' for me. The stock mag release works best for me really, with just a slight shift in grip. If I got to carving on the stock Glock grip, I'm sure I could make everything just right. Thing is, we switch off a lot with the Glocks, and I'd rather they remain generic in form and fundamentals. When you find something that hits the sweet spot, you're good to go. Otherwise, you keep working with what you've got the best you can.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Anybody else sell these or are they direct only? I'd like to get a few other parts also and wouldn't mind spreading out some shipping.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just did a quick google search and several places have them, prices range from $14-17 ea. I bought mine direct.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I put the OEM extended on all my Glocks. Seems to work fine for me. Lucky I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts