Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YouTube - Failed Armed Robbery - Barry's Estate Jewelry

Combat vet of Khe Sanh, now owns a jewelry store in NY.

Had to deflect a gun in his face and run to get his gun when the robbery started.

Shot his gun empty and didn't know it. Held a wounded armed robber at (empty)gunpoint.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
great example of how fast things can develop and go...i thought the deflection was going to be followed by a disarming move and couldnt believe how the bg followed him with his gun and didnt hit him with a shot...

crazy situation...way to keep cool under pressure...

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Same video _without_ the annoying and unnecessary "Semper Cool" logo blocking much of the video as in play.
I played this link while having the other video play for audio commentary as at the same time in sequence.

YouTube - Barry's Estate Jewelry - Failed Robbery

Edit:
For store defense/everyone he needs a large capacity short barrel combat shotgun (18.5" maximum), a carbine rifle or ah handgun that is _not_ a sub-compact and magazine/cylinder capacity of just five rounds...High capacity fifteen or more rounds is more sensible and a full sized 5" barrel is best for sight radius on a handgun that he's not even wearing on body to conceal.

He got soooo lucky on multiple fronts including the BG gunman not having the stones to do him right there at the counter as he fled toward his own gun.

- Janq

·
Registered
687 Posts
So much went wrong yet so much went right.

I love happy endings

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
Part luck and part trained reflexes saved his butt that day.

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
He got soooo lucky on multiple fronts including the BG gunman not having the stones to do him right there at the counter as he fled toward his own gun.

Sometimes survival really is luck.

Biker

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Acute victim selection failure.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I still believe in God, this guy should in my view also.:congrats:

God, Guts and Guns. The 3Gs, don't leave home without them.

I'm sure glad he came out of that mess in one piece. He sure did get lucky that day. I'm glad they got all the BGs also.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
That guy needs to buy a lottery ticket,if the perp would have noticed he had a spent shell casing on each side of the cylinder while laying on his own gun he coulda smoked the store owner

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
He Got-R-Did...nice shooting...:hand10:

A quick violent reaction on the jeweler's part saved his life...:congrats:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Paralized for there years and then dead. That's a long time to think about how dumb you were to rob someone. That's worse than jail in my opinion

·
Registered
27 Posts
Paralized for there years and then dead. That's a long time to think about how dumb you were to rob someone. That's worse than jail in my opinion
to bad it doesn't happen more often, it may make a few of the people decide not to take up armed robbery, though most don't do it because they are smart.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I wonder where the bullet went that shattered the door was my first thought.

·
Registered
346 Posts
those two thugs got EXACTLY what they deserved........

Good job Barry

edit:

i have noticed in a lot of these robbery videos the store owner/clerk does NOT have a weapon ON them.....if i was in a situation like this i believe i would want to have my weapon on me in an OWB holster, concealed by a open shirt/jacket/vest for easy and quick access...

thoughts on this??????

·
Registered
45 Posts
those two thugs got EXACTLY what they deserved........

Good job Barry

edit:

i have noticed in a lot of these robbery videos the store owner/clerk does NOT have a weapon ON them.....if i was in a situation like this i believe i would want to have my weapon on me in an OWB holster, concealed by a open shirt/jacket/vest for easy and quick access...

thoughts on this??????
I concur

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

thoughts on this??????
In our pawn shops, we had guns staged around the store. Right or wrong, that is how we did it.

In the video, I don't think the robbers perceived the owner running as him running for a gun, just running away, and hence didn't attempt to shoot him immediately.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts