1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Attempted drive by snatching?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Man that was close. He darn well got lucky on that one.

I couldn't find the snatch the LEO gun video on there at all.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
The guys trying to disarm cop#1 and cop#2 takes forever to react,

·
Registered
830 Posts
The guys trying to disarm cop#1 and cop#2 takes forever to react,
glad i wasn't the only one that realized that. cop 1 tried sitting down to get the suspect off and the other cop is just standing there like nothing is happening. Plus back up was just walking over to assist

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Unless the BG knew how to deal with a retention level (1,2 or 3), the cops gun was not coming out of its holster. I'm assuming that there was some retention device as the BG had a chance to snatch it and it didn't come right out.:blink:
Not very good SA on the part of the cop who was supposed to be monitoring the entrance point.IMO

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can't prove it, but that looks like a training set up. The officer having his gun removed (attempt) certainly would have reacted much more quickly. The second officer would have jumped into action immediately and decked the BG from the start. Nonetheless, gun removal by a suspect is an officers nightmare. I've had it come close, and believe me you move FAST. All bets are off...the fight is on, anything goes.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
If it's not a training....which I DON'T think it is, that guy is lucky he didn't get shot!:yup:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Anybody else notice that cop #1 locked the perps arm with his elbow as he sat down to pin him to the counter? Pretty good response. Locks the gun in and captures the BG's arm at the same time. #2 should have wacked the guy in the head with a baton of something. Nice vid.

·
Registered
105 Posts
no joke

cop#2 probably thought it was a joke at first. but grabbing at a gun is no joke he could have shot him. (shoulda). a punch to the nose would have been justified.:nono:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
cop #1 respnse was great...sitting into the guys arm pinned him real well...i think #2 was in another place altogether trying to figure out wht was going on at first...hell of a long draw there but probably could have been a little more effective with a good strike or 2...

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I agree it looks like the second officer just looked for a few seconds and then had trouble drawing his own weapon. Officer two should have been all over the BG like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Another who would have liked to see a more assertive and timely response from offer #2. And the other responders, for that matter.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
The reaction of the other LEO standing there was very slow! I wonder what in the earth he was thinking about so it took so long time before he helped his partner; it could have cost both of them their lives.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Cop #2 took way too long to react then took way too long to draw.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts