Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
agree...well handled. However the issue of the rider riding thru traffic at excessive speeds and
in and out of lanes is another topic altogether. Endangering everyone on the road is irresponsible.
Personally, and saying this as a motorcyclist of over 40 years, I can find no reason for race bikes
to be allowed on public roads. Dirt bikes aren't and race bikes of other designs should also be restricted
to closed courses. JMHO YMMV

·
Registered
651 Posts
agree...well handled. However the issue of the rider riding thru traffic at excessive speeds and
in and out of lanes is another topic altogether. Endangering everyone on the road is irresponsible.
Personally, and saying this as a motorcyclist of over 40 years, I can find no reason for race bikes
to be allowed on public roads. Dirt bikes aren't and race bikes of other designs should also be restricted
to closed courses. JMHO YMMV
... and ARs should be restricted to the military, and weapons should only be allowed at shooting ranges. Pot meet kettle. Just because someone is irresponsible isn't an excuse to ban an object.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I can find no reason for race bikes to be allowed on public roads.
LOL yeah sure. They didn't have a Race Bike Buster sign. High performance bikes and cars are fine as long as you aren't eating gluten while driving. :blink:

People who consume gluten should be banned.....

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Start to finish it is all about a 2 way street full of respect by everyone. Nice LE showing respect with a warning only. Nice video and great words of more respect at the end. This is how the world should work everyday. End of story.

Everyone is a critic but there are very few artist's.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
to closed courses.
JMHO YMMV
yeah, and we should be restricted to 9mm or smaller guns (since they should be good enough to get the job done), and only two of them, since we only have two hands, you know :blink:
now, about those 32 oz sodas......... nobody needs a soda THAT big, it's not healthy, so......................................... :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
All went well and both the rider and the LEO's were respectful. Only concern I would have, other than the errant driving of the biker, is the disarming of the citizen by the police and apparently running the serial number of the firearm. I wouldn't like that. First off, I don't want anyone to disarm me. That opens the door to potential AD's, dropping my property, and a few other distasteful things. Next is running the serial number. With no RAS, there is no reason to do this.

Reactions: Havok

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Routine simply means it is a standard practice.

Reactions: Havok and PFranklin

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very true. But when considered in the light of common or routine police practice it certainly removes the stigma of bigotry or racism. That was my point. Surely, when and if it is deemed unlawful (discriminatory?) it will be made policy not to conduct those "routine" checks. And yet, again, another effective tool for fighting crime taken away from police.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
How was the sidearm returned to the biker? The ink blot was a little too liberally used for me to see how that was accomplished.
Maybe I am missing something. I do no not see or hear where he ran the numbers on the gun. The firts officer takes the gun right after the motorcycle driver asks the officer, "would you please take the possession of the gun for me?" The second officer takes the gun from the first officer early in the stop. When the second officer takes possession it seems like it is to free the first officer of it. As soon as the second officer has possession of it he walks to his white car, opens passenger then sets it on the seat, then closes door. Did not see the second officer write down numbers or use radio while placing the gun in the car.

Later the first officer states, "had the weapon not been on the motorcycle drivers right hip next to his wallet and the motorcycle driver asked me to take the gun which was good, he would not have even taken it."
Then you see the second officer walk to his white car and open the passenger door, retrieve the gun from his passenger seat and return it it to the motor cycle driver in full view of gun. Then the first officer says, MAn, I am all about you carrying because you should be...".

I watched the video two more times for clarity because I did not recall that happening during first viewing. I still could have missed something. Could someone point out their reasoning as why they felt the gun was run?

Reactions: Havok and PFranklin

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Perhaps I didn't see the same video s the rest of you. I did see lane changes, only to pass other slower vehicles and with plenty of room. Would this be considered "errant driving" if it was a black or blue 4 door sedan (not a bright red convertible or a bright green cycle)? He was speeding "a little", just as I've done many hundreds of times.

Excellent respectful exchange by both parties.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The text at the very end of the video says it all for me.

Handled well by all involved.

ShooterGranny, I agree. His riding, while aggressive, wasn't crazy. A few weeks ago, coming home from STL, we saw some sport bikes with one guy doing wheelies at 70mph on I55. Now that was crazy. But I agree with you, he didn't appear to be riding dangerously, JMHO.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.