Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on the news tonight, they have released the video of the shooting of a deputy in a rural county north of DFW by the same POS who killed the Colorado prisons commissioner. It is amazing how lucky this deputy was, he was hit twice in his vest and a third round BOUNCED OFF his skull...the initial story that came out was that he had been shot through his patrol car windshield, obviously that isn't what happened...A chase ensued across another two counties involving deputies and troopers, there was more shooting, the guy got T boned by a semi in an intersection, got out shooting, trooper removed his head with an AR. I don't know the caliber of gun the deputy was shot with, but it was conclusively matched to the one used in the murder in Colorado.

Montague County Releases Video of Deputy's Shooting | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

This is such a serious/shocking in your face video that Brian Curtis almost seems straight reporting it...

·
Super Moderator
19,448 Posts
Holy cats...

First, I'm glad Deputy Boyd survived, and will actually be able to resume his full duties. That's a tribute both to modern medicine and the to human spirit.

Second, I am equally glad the shooter got what he deserved, albeit belatedly, and won't be around to create trouble for anyone else.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Glad it came out alright for him, and like he said it wasn't his time to go.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Glad he survived the ordeal. Seems like a bad idea to approach the driver from the passenger side of the vehicle. Too easy for him to conceal the weapon while the officer approaches.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
... by the same POS who killed the Colorado prisons commissioner. I don't know the caliber of gun the deputy was shot with, but it was conclusively matched to the one used in the murder in Colorado.
Positive match. Attempted murder on video. Perp shoved into the hole.

Doesn't get much better, short of shoving him into the hole without any injuries at all.

Respects to the officer for going into that situation despite sensing something was wrong. Condolences to him for his injuries, and to the other officers and first responders who had to deal with the aftermath. Kudos to them all for taking out the rabid dog as needed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This has long, bothered me about traffic stops; that it (attempted murder) could happen at any time. How officers contend with this, I'll never know.

·
Super Moderator
22,040 Posts
Holy cats...

First, I'm glad Deputy Boyd survived, and will actually be able to resume his full duties. That's a tribute both to modern medicine and the to human spirit.

Second, I am equally glad the shooter got what he deserved, albeit belatedly, and won't be around to create trouble for anyone else.
Amen.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
To all the LEOs on here, stay safe out there.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
God bless the Deputy and I hope he makes a full recovery.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Glad he survived the ordeal. Seems like a bad idea to approach the driver from the passenger side of the vehicle. Too easy for him to conceal the weapon while the officer approaches.
Just a wild guess, it keeps the officer out of traffic and out of a spot where he could get sideswiped by a passing
driver wanting to look at what's going on. As a matter of probability, just guessing, I'd think being at the driver's left
door would expose to many more likely hazards than the one of being ambushed-- which could also happen from the left.
The officer has more room to escape and maneuver himself from the driver's right side, I'd think.

Not an LEO, just offering a guess answer to the question.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Wow! Instant violence, but glad the deputy survived...glad the dirtbag is pushing up daises.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Killer knew what he was doing,he pulled over close to the highway preventing the Deputy from positioning his vehicle on the left and even making a drivers side approach hazardous due to traffic making the LEO walk into his kill zone,the guy fired as soon as the Deputy had got close enough and was in full view of the shooter,the BG apparently had the gun hidden where all he had to do was bring it up and fire within a split second.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way, and this isn't directly related, but this agency back in 2009 was involved in a pretty shocking scandal about their little county jail being basically like a hooker motel, things like no locks on doors, inmates having sex with women including guards openly etc. The former sheriff is currently under Federal indictment for numerous corruption charges. The current sheriff (Cunningham) immediately closed the jail and basically fired all the deputies and hired new ones, replaced all vehicles, uniforms etc. and sent them to academies run by reputable agencies in the area (Dallas, Tarrant). This deputy is one of the new breed and I think that the quality of his character and training saved his life here.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Wow, that was crazy. I can't believe that Deputy took one to the dome and was still standing (well, sort of. You know what I mean).

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
These vids are hard to watch. I'm glad this one has a good ending.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Saw this on the news tonight, they have released the video of the shooting of a deputy in a rural county north of DFW by the same POS who killed the Colorado prisons commissioner. It is amazing how lucky this deputy was, he was hit twice in his vest and a third round BOUNCED OFF his skull...the initial story that came out was that he had been shot through his patrol car windshield, obviously that isn't what happened...A chase ensued across another two counties involving deputies and troopers, there was more shooting, the guy got T boned by a semi in an intersection, got out shooting, trooper removed his head with an AR. I don't know the caliber of gun the deputy was shot with, but it was conclusively matched to the one used in the murder in Colorado.

Montague County Releases Video of Deputy's Shooting | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

This is such a serious/shocking in your face video that Brian Curtis almost seems straight reporting it...
I can't resist saying it ... "yellow bucket" .... and you know what I mean.... lol.

Key thing, brakes lights are on ..... car not in park, hands down ....... I wouldn't go pass the back corner of the car until they put that car in park, turned it off, and put his hands on the wheel in that situation. Brake lights, are an indicator they aren't planning to be there for long...... and likely may run for it as well. And yes. .... it was always something I paid attention to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts