Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,101 Posts

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
That dizzy little broad needs to go back to bartending maybe that was something she had knowledge about.
Reports are that her distinct will be the one lost to NY based on the new census. Even if that is not true, she will face some serious challenges from her own party if she runs again.

Personally, I will miss her. She is entertaining and I think she is one of the best things the liberals have ever come up with to boost conservatism.

·
Super Moderator
16,101 Posts
Reports are that her distinct will be the one lost to NY based on the new census. Even if that is not true, she will face some serious challenges from her own party if she runs again.

Personally, I will miss her. She is entertaining and I think she is one of the best things the liberals have ever come up with to boost conservatism.
I don't know but most pictures I see of her make me wonder if her elevator goes all the way to the top or not.

·
Registered
601 Posts
She is also incorrect about there being "almost no police officers at that protest" (in Richmond). The place was crawling with cops and I am sure they had every cop in three counties on standby.
There were uniformed police and sheriffs PARADING WITH THE CROWD. I saw a photo of three lawmen carrying a banner reading, "We Support the 2nd Amendment."

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Breitbart has a very nice article, with several video interviews with attendees, that has a very apt title:

"Media Fail: 2nd Amendment Rally Turns Out Peaceful, Patriotic"

The rally Monday that drew an estimated 22,000 Second Amendment supporters to the Virginia State Capitol on a frigid Martin Luther King Day was portrayed in advance by the media as a gathering of white nationalists and racists.

Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam – who, ironically, remains in office despite a humiliating blackface scandal – declared a state of emergency in anticipation, and at least one journalist said it would be a “white nationalist rally.”

the article concludes with:

"On a day that honors a civil rights hero, thousands came out to defend their civil rights — and to stand up against a media that often opposes them doing so."

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2020/01/20/media-fail-2nd-amendment-rally-turns-out-peaceful-patriotic/

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Not to beat the horse but an article NOT front and center at Breitbart is even better.

A woman was interviewed and called out NBC's Ben Collins for his ‘White Nationalist Rally’ Smear.
“The fact that he tweeted that – what an idiot,” she exclaimed. “He finally deleted it because he got a lot of pushback. But yeah. That is the narrative they want to paint. They want to paint Trump supporters as neo-Nazis and white supremacists, and they want – they want another Charlottesville is what they want.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/20/2a-activist-calls-out-nbcs-ben-collins-for-white-nationalist-rally-smear-they-want-another-charlottesville/

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
If wearing a mask in public is a felony, the jails must be crammed on Nov 1st. That's just insane!
There is an exception in the law for holiday costumes. Also for professions where protective masks are required and for medical necessity, with a doctor's note.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ABC World News just reported that one of the attendees was arrested for refusing to take a mask off.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

"Capitol Police said a 21-year-old woman had been arrested and charged with one felony count of wearing a mask in public. Law enforcement said they warned the woman twice to remove a bandana covering her face but she had refused."

Since when is a mask in public a felony? Sounds like an over-reaction, in my humble opinion.

Fox had the same story, then a few paragraphs below was a photo of police wearing masks at the check in line..... to figure.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
ABC World News just reported that one of the attendees was arrested for refusing to take a mask off.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-capitol-gun-rights-rally

"Capitol Police said a 21-year-old woman had been arrested and charged with one felony count of wearing a mask in public. Law enforcement said they warned the woman twice to remove a bandana covering her face but she had refused."

Since when is a mask in public a felony? Sounds like an over-reaction, in my humble opinion.
I saw her picture. She is a young black gal. She lives in Richmond. The reports I read did not actually say she was part of the rally. She may have just been walking downtown trying to stay warm. It was extremely cold.

Also, I saw tacticool types in full kit with cammo masks and ARs. I did not hear of the cops bothering them.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I guess I better not put a scarf around my face to keep warm anymore......

Reactions: airslot and PPS1980

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,229 Posts
Fox had the same story, then a few paragraphs below was a photo of police wearing masks at the check in line..... to figure.
And why were state troopers wearing what amounted to masks?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
This from the president of the VCDL, Phil Van Cleave:

VA-ALERT: WOW! JUST WOW! LOBBY DAY 2020!

I will go into Lobby Day 2020 soon, but for now a few highlights.
  • Massive, eye-popping turnout! Estimations from 30k to 50k
  • Completely peaceful - and the energy was incredible
  • Covered by media from across the country and even the globe!
  • We left the area as clean as it was before the rally
  • Legislators were very much aware of this incredible event
I cannot begin to say how absolutely great gun owners really are! Not only was Lobby Day completely peaceful, had a massive turnout on a very cold, but beautiful day, but we even had support from gun owners across the country, some driving in from as far away as California. Buses from Texas, Connecticut (sponsored by the Connecticut Citizens Defense League), Florida, and many, many other states arrived, too.

Here's a photo to wet your appetite:

Lobby Day.jpg

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
41 - 60 of 130 Posts