Registered
6,318 Posts

·
Registered
34,024 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,370 Posts
There are pro-2A politicians in Virginia. Here is a message Delegate Nick Frietas of the 30th District from earlier today:

"Governor Northam just signed five gun control bills into law and after minor changes, plans to sign two more. The arrogance of politicians never ceases to amaze me. The governor enjoys taxpayer-provided security as he signs bills which make it harder for law-abiding citizens to be able to defend themselves. The same Democrats claiming to care about your security also passed legislation this year allowing for an early release process for people convicted of 1st-degree murder and rape. They never bothered to explain how releasing violent people back into our communities while simultaneously making it harder for law-abiding citizens to get a firearm will make anyone but criminals safer."
Carpet baggers never have explained why they are in the south.

Reactions: matthew03

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Kind of interesting that one of my local TV stations runs a PSA promoting the 1A. It would be cool if they'd give that much emphasis to the 2A but that ain't gonna happen even though the 2A helps maintain the 1A. Well, maybe not since there are so many people trying to tell us what we can or can't say. I'll bet the news media wouldn't be too happy when the government censors their news reporting.

Reactions: M1911A1

·
Premium Member
33,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Carpet baggers never have explained why they are in the south.
Self-serving opportunism doesn't really require one.

Reactions: ctr and M1911A1

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
So the pro-gun rally avoided an assault weapon ban and not much else?
It was a hugely uphill battle. We didn't expect to turn everything around. We knew the final outcome would suck. But people really fought hard and it was not just the rally. There was a lot more. The AWB was the big one and stopping that was no mean feat. There were some other small victories. We got:
  • More due process protections for the red flag law.
  • The mandatory reporting of theft or loss increased from 24 hours to 48.
  • Adult criminal responsibility for allowing a minor "reckless access" to a firearm: Reduced the minor's age from 18 to 14 and reduced the crime from a felony to a misdemeanor.
  • Local preemption to state gun laws. We are not sure yet because the bill hasn't been published, but we think we put more restrictions on when localities can make their own rules.
Like I said, it still all sucks. The VCDL is preparing lawsuits already, I know gun owners have been woken up for the next election and the state is still going to have to deal with enforcement in the 2A sanctuary jurisdictions. All the House seats are up again in 2021, as is the governor's seat.

As the president of the VCDL said in an email this evening. This is a war. We only lost a skirmish.

·
Super Moderator
19,247 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts