Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Interesting...My only gripes are Section 2.3(particularly that IF statement)
(3) The regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states under the 9th
and 10th amendments to the United States constitution, particularly if not expressly
preempted by federal law. Congress has not expressly preempted state regulation of
intrastate commerce pertaining to the manufacture on an intrastate basis of firearms,
firearms accessories, and ammunition.
Problem with this, particularly given the trend our congress critters and others in office seem to be taking is that they WILL most likely turn around and have Congress "expressly preempt" intrastate commerce and then the statutes like this are instantly nullified.

Then there's that pesky machine-gun part in 5.4...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The only way we are going to prevent the government from taking all state rights is for the states to make whatever law or proclamation to the effect that unless it is specifically stated in the Constitution the states are not going to accept federal authority.

I know a couple of states have done that regarding firearms, but we are in a real crisis with the expanding powers of the federal government. Unless the states rebel we are going to lose more state and individual rights.
It remains to be seen if the state leaders have the guts to do what needs to be done. I fear that too many liberal governors and legislatures are for the expanded federal powers.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Section 5. Exceptions.

(4) a firearm that discharges two or more projectiles with one activation of the trigger or other firing device.
I see a problem with this also. Technically it would prohibit the manufacturing of shotguns, since each shell puts out multiple projectiles (shot).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts