Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9aa75d3ec57_story.html?utm_term=.90b9be53e65e

McAuliffe attached the amendment to a Senate bill that prohibits sharing law enforcement information with states that do not recognize Virginia’s concealed-weapons permits. That bill, passed by the General Assembly last month and sent to McAuliffe for action, was sponsored by Sen. Richard H. Stuart (R-Stafford), who was not happy with the amendment.

“He’s just making a game out of it,” Stuart said. “It’s disheartening to me that the governor is more concerned about the people in New York City than he is about Virginia citizens who are actually . . . playing by the rules.”

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
The VCDL just sent out an alert on this and has initiated a full-court-press telephone campaign. We are trying to make the bill veto-proof without the ammendment. This has worked before. Hopefully it will this time.

VA governors can only serve one term, so he is becoming a lame duck. The Senate slots are filled, so there is not much more he can do in VA. He is trying to set up his next job. New York is his home state. He "carpetbagged" us becoming the VA governor. He only won because a Libertarian spoiler took votes away from pro-gun Ken Cuccinelli.

Some pundits think he might "reverse carpetbag" his way back to NY and run for office there.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
.....why don't yall just move to NJ.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Super Moderator
18,045 Posts
Unless the state creates an illegal database of purchases how will they know if someone purchases a gun in one town then goes to the next town and purchases another gun until they purchase as many guns as they want.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Unless the state creates an illegal database of purchases how will they know if someone purchases a gun in one town then goes to the next town and purchases another gun until they purchase as many guns as they want.
NICS telling the feds of more than one attempt per month, who could report more than one gun purchase attempt per month to the state?

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Here in NJ you can apply for up to 3 permits to purchase normally.....then only 1 gun per month....in some unusual circumstances I have spoken with a few here who have gotten permits to purchase 6 at one time.....don't ask me, I dunno.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
McAwful has been a disgrace as a governor. I'll be glad when he's out of here for good.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
McAwful has been a disgrace as a governor. I'll be glad when he's out of here for good.
Same here. I only think he ran to further his career, to help get Hilary elected, and to help Bloomberg. He's batting 0 of 3 as of now... He doesn't care a hoot about the citizens of the state. Proof is him vetoing the bill which stops VA from share CHP info with states like Maryland which were targeting out of state CHP holders.

·
Registered
41,559 Posts
If I could afford to buy "only" one gun a month, I'd have a mountain of guns.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Same here. I only think he ran to further his career, to help get Hilary elected, and to help Bloomberg. He's batting 0 of 3 as of now... He doesn't care a hoot about the citizens of the state. Proof is him vetoing the bill which stops VA from share CHP info with states like Maryland which were targeting out of state CHP holders.
And his executive order that bans firearms from government buildings and agencies (with a few exceptions). Places such as DMV's and ABC stores are supposedly off limits to those who carry. But I have and do carry into both of those places. VCDL has determined that his EO is nothing more than a "suggestion". If you are asked to leave then you should, otherwise the police could be summoned and you could risk a charge of trespassing. But the ABC stores in my area do NOT support this so-called ban and are fine with people carrying in their stores.

The man is an idiot. He is not from Virginia and when he came here, he did not adopt Virginia ways, her customs and traditions, so it's easy to see where his preferences lay.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
And his executive order that bans firearms from government buildings and agencies (with a few exceptions). Places such as DMV's and ABC stores are supposedly off limits to those who carry. But I have and do carry into both of those places. VCDL has determined that his EO is nothing more than a "suggestion". If you are asked to leave then you should, otherwise the police could be summoned and you could risk a charge of trespassing. But the ABC stores in my area do NOT support this so-called ban and are fine with people carrying in their stores.

The man is an idiot. He is not from Virginia and when he came here, he did not adopt Virginia ways, her customs and traditions, so it's easy to see where his preferences lay.
The sad part is that because of DC transplants and the military, the state is slowly turning blue. We might end up with another antigun Governor...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The sad part is that because of DC transplants and the military, the state is slowly turning blue. We might end up with another antigun Governor...
So true.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts