Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope some of the links provided below in this thread will be of some help. Naturally, things start getting a bit more $Expensive$ the more complex your lenses need to be.
Gather what information you can from these links & then you can probably have a pair of "Daily Wear" eyeglasses made up the very same way.
And please don't forget about having your Carry Firearm Laser Equipped as an additional valuable shooting accuracy aide. They are expensive but, your life is worth Whatever The Cost if it saves your Tushy & also prevents possible injury to bystanding innocents.
Good Luck & Don't Ever Give Up until you find something that works for you!

If You Need Reading Glasses
So you’ve got an old guy eye problem and while you can still see the targets and your sights, you can’t read your scorecard. Olympic Optical has the solution, shooting glasses with reading inserts in the bottom of the lenses. They’re available in several strengths depending on how much help you need if you’re farsighted, which means you can’t see things close to you.

But if you’ve got some distance vision problems too and you’re having trouble seeing through your rifle scope, or seeing your front sight on your handgun. Hansen’s Eagle Eye may have your solution, aviator shooting glasses with a bi-focal insert up high in the lens either for shooting with a scope or with a bigger bi-focal for handgun shooters. The rest of the lens can be either without correction or done with your distance prescription.

Lenses for Astigmatism
But if you’ve got astigmatism and can’t see near or far without correction, the solution may be Morgan Optical from New York State. They started with a Randolph Engineering frame, with an adjustable nose piece to move the glasses up for rifle or shotgun shooting. In the frame, Morgan has mounted progressive prescription lenses with an infinite choice of correction to see anything from the scorecard to the shotgun bead, to the claybird out in front.

And for the Cool Look
Now one more option to look as cool as the kids with the stylish wrap-arounds. The Rudy Project... a relatively new competitor to Oakley, priced about the same, in the 150 to 200 dollar range. But, the Rudy Project glasses have a clip-in, inner frame that will take your prescription lenses. So you can look just as cool as the young guys.

Safari Shooting Glasses
By Olympic Optical w/ correction in lower lens $25
www.olympicoptical.com

Hansen’s Eagle Eye
Shooting Glasses w/correction in upper lens $200
www.hansenseagleeye.com

Hansen’s Eagle Eye
Shooting Glasses w/correction in upper inner lens $200
www.hansenseagleeye.com

Morgan Optical
Shooting Glasses with progressive lenses
About $400
http://morganoptical.net

800-622-8781

The Rudy Project
$150--$200
Rydon glasses
Kerosene glasses
Preception glasses
www.rudyprojectusa.com

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Excellent set of useful info QK - nice reference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a pair of the Rudy Project glasses because of the specific feature of the "clip in" frame. Unfortunately that option was another $75 on top of the $250 or so for the glasses.

Price wise they were on par with shooting glasses with prescription lens that I had looked at, but being able to in effect "change" my prescription lens for $75 was the deciding factor when I bought mine. Great quality glasses and I'd highly recommend them for anyone who needs prescription shooting glasses.

gb

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thanks for the link QKShooter! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feel Free

Any forum members please feel free to add any links or addresses or Eyesight/Vision Related Product...comments and ideas to this thread. :usflag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts