Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proponent of carrying a weapon mounted light or laser due in part to prior experiences and personal preference. Is it just me or are there hardly any holsters available to accommodate a weapon mounted light. What is the point of all the fancy gizmos if i am unable to use them during the course of my normal day?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are a few brands, such as Fobus and Safariland, that make holsters for the pistol/light/laser combo, but there are not many choices though

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here is one reason I dont like having a tac-light on my pistol: if I have to see someone, I have to point my gun at them. That might turn real bad! IMO LE is okay to free up a hand in a potiential fight. Lasers give you away as far as your position goes, and having a seperate small (but powerful) light such as a sure fire works just as well.

Besides all that, most people cannot afford to have one, plus a custom holster to go along with it. Many mass produced holsters dont carry them only because of the near infinate combinations.

My .02

·
Registered
491 Posts
Raven also makes an IWB & OWB kydex holster to hold a weapon+light.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I've thought the same thing - one day I might get a custom holster just for this reason.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
DeSantis has some holsters that will accept light.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well, I am not a fan of weapon mounted lights because I would rather use a handheld that I can hold away from my COM in my offside hand (it's how I was trained).

I do use a laser, but got a rear sight laser mostly due to weapon fit issues.

Guess I am no help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts