Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems we are circling in the turd bowl ever faster. Seattle has decided to allow community groups determine the sentencing of felons to end racism and promote "restorative justice".

·
Registered
38,120 Posts
I can see that with limitations.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Hoping for "restorative justice" demands a very clear understanding of recidivism.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
And they can do their time in house arrest at their place of residence. let these idiots live with them also.
I actually have no problem with that with one exception...

The ankle monitor will borrow a trick from dog collar systems. If they get out of range of their assigned place of residence, the ankle collar will administer 50,000 volts to the wearer until such time as they return to the extent of the range of the home monitor.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have no problem with that with one exception...

The ankle monitor will borrow a trick from dog collar systems. If they get out of range of their assigned place of residence, the ankle collar will administer 50,000 volts to the wearer until such time as they return to the extent of the range of the home monitor.
They'll just use the age-old trick of cutting the monitor off and going about their business.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
They'll just use the age-old trick of cutting the monitor off and going about their business.
We can handle that too. Have you ever seen someone with an Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator? ( ICD - not an IED, but does much the same thing ) Remove the ankle monitor and the defibrillator sets off to stop your heart.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Hoping for "restorative justice" demands a very clear understanding of recidivism.
My idea of Restorative Justice for Property Crimes is getting my property back and insuring the one who took it doesn't get that chance again, forever (but I'm kind of extreme on that). Their idea is for you to "forgive" the perp who stole your stuff, and pay him so he doesn't feel the need to take your stuff again. Kind of fits in with the "Reset" movement, from which Build Back Better actually comes from, which has the goal of No Property, No Privacy for us peons.

I like the piece about Metro Fare Enforcement, which means POC won't be required to pay for the use of a public service (bus, train, subway, etc...) that all those evil "other" people have to pay for. Coming soon in that mind set, POC should get a home/car/education/business... that all those "other" people pay for. Almost seems those pushing these things are actually trying to create hostility to POC, and by POC? I'm confused?

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
My idea of Restorative Justice for Property Crimes is getting my property back and insuring the one who took it doesn't get that chance again, forever (but I'm kind of extreme on that). Their idea is for you to "forgive" the perp who stole your stuff, and pay him so he doesn't feel the need to take your stuff again. Kind of fits in with the "Reset" movement, from which Build Back Better actually comes from, which has the goal of No Property, No Privacy for us peons.

I like the piece about Metro Fare Enforcement, which means POC won't be required to pay for the use of a public service (bus, train, subway, etc...) that all those evil "other" people have to pay for. Coming soon in that mind set, POC should get a home/car/education/business... that all those "other" people pay for. Almost seems those pushing these things are actually trying to create hostility to POC, and by POC? I'm confused?
That all ties into the reparation's argument they are pushing now.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems that there's no end to the really bad ideas the libs can come up with. This last election, Boulder passed an ordinance which taxes landlords to fund defense attorneys for people being evicted. After COVID, that will matter, it doesn't now because the libs decided that landlords can't evict tenants during the hardship of COVID, tenants need not even pay their rent. Their supposed to be able to collect their back-rent after COVID, I'm guessing that most can figure out how that's going to go. I'm guessing landlords won't be able to put GPS monitors on their tenants to figure out where to find them to collect that back-rent.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I guess I see the big difference between having a jury sentence and having the "community" do this is that the jury selected from the population in general and then is agreed upon by the attorneys, both prosecution and defense in an attempt to weed out the biased. The "community" will very likely be a group of liberal activists so it wouldn't be hard to figure out how they're going to roll.

·
Premium Member
6,045 Posts
I guess I see the big difference between having a jury sentence and having the "community" do this is that the jury selected from the population in general and then is agreed upon by the attorneys, both prosecution and defense in an attempt to weed out the biased. The "community" will very likely be a group of liberal activists so it wouldn't be hard to figure out how they're going to roll.
It will probably be made up of the thugs family.
He's a good boy and he never does anything wrong.

·
Super Moderator
23,995 Posts
First time, non-violent only.

Maybe not too bad of an idea.

But, this may just be a poverty industry program to send money to the unemployable, the grifters, the community service folks.....then

Idiocy. SMDH.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I think it's a dandy idea. Spend $12.6 million on them and if they re offend (of course they'll re offend, that's what they do) then file criminal charges, convict them and let em go. Make it twice as expensive to go easy on them, after all, that's one of the gun control tactics they use on gun owners right, make it expensive to own a gun? Seattle is making it's own karma, the voters are finally getting what they deserve.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'm very glad that we live in the islands.
We do our very best to stay out of Seattle, although we do have a very infrequent need to go there for medical consultations.
And it used to be such a nice city, once upon a time...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts