Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place in Clark county(Vancouver) to turn in my application? police station? sheriffs dept? or state patrol office? who would do a better job fingerprinting and processing the app? I'm filing non-res since I'm just visiting and here allot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Generally speaking, for non-resident permits, the sheriff's office is your best bet. By state law, you can apply in any county if you are a non-resident. But only the chief of police of a municipality, or the sheriff of a county can issue a CPL (RCW 9.41.070). Most city police departments will only issue a CPL to their city residents; non-residents have to go to the sheriff. As far as I know, the state patrol has no role in actual CPL application processing or CPL issuance.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Go to the Sheriff's Office in downtown Vancouver. You can check the Clark County web site, get all the forms necessary, print them off and go into the office ready to do business. Show I.D. pay the fee and wait for a couple of weeks and it appears in the mail. Simple and direct. I am an Oregonian and found it hard to beat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i already have the paperwork filled out and the cash in my pocket was just wondering the better way to aproch it thank you i will call the sheriffs office thank you again for your help.

*edit* darn i should have gone yesterday as I planned, they only take apps from 8-5 m-f and i'm working 8-5 m-f but had yesterday off. DANG :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I applied for mine at the Clark County Sheriff, great people but so far slow, coming up on sixty days this week so I will be calling to see whats up. Since I applied there I have received my Pa, NH and Fl permits. Pa and NH took eight days and Fl fifty one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts