Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45,303 Posts
Back in '09, mine took nearly the full 90 days allotted. Every time these major surges happen people wonder why the state doesn't just hire more processors. They fail to understand that it's a long process for the state to add personnel slots, get the funding, go thru the hiring procedure, etc. It ain't happening in a week!

My LGS is betting back to normal. Wall displays are filled, ammo in most calibers on the shelf at reasonable prices, although they are still maintaining limits. Reloading components are scare still.

·
Registered
563 Posts
To those applying I would say, "Pay attention to detail." Had friends, husband and wife, recently apply and were unnecessarily delayed. He failed to fill in all the blanks and her prints were not clear enough (that one should be on the LEO office, should have ensured they were correct).

·
Registered
773 Posts
I applied in the first week of Feb and got mine in the first week of April so about 60 days...that's pretty fast considering when I called in Feb. the first appointment I could get was May 14..I bypassed the appointment and mailed it in myself after getting the digital prints. Not bad at all !

·
Registered
158 Posts
Apparently I was extremely luck, back in January when I called on Monday to get an appointment in the Jacksonville office they had an opening on Thursday, permit in hand the following Saturday. When my wife called in April they had opening everyday. If you are in North Florida call the Jax office, they seem to have the system perfected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts