Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Tennessee and by law the Dept of Safety has to send you your HCP by mail. I talked to them about 9 days ago and they said it should be here any day now. I am so excited that it is almost unbearable. Days seem like months I tell you. What is the longest you have heard of somebody having to wait for his/her CCW or HCP?

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
In New York, some people wait a lifetime...here in FL you can now go to a regional office and get it in 2-3 weeks.:danceban:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got mine 3 days ago. I had been hearing stories about 4 to 6 month waits here in Texas but mine took about 2 months.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
There's a 90-day deadline for us TN peons, and mine took 89.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a 90-day deadline for us TN peons, and mine took 89.
I understand that. But I was told that they issued and mailed mine to my house on the 17th of this month and it is now going on the 29th. I just didn't know it took that long for a letter to arrive in your mailbox. I figured 4 maybe 5 days tops. Its not like they sent it to California. Why does it take 2 weeks to get here from the day they send it? I mail my grandparents cards and stuff all the time and it only takes about 3 or 4 days to get to them. What makes this so different?

·
Registered
111 Posts
In Ohio, mine took about 2 weeks in Licking County. The 'Ol Lady turned in her application on Friday, and got the call to come pick it up on Monday morning. :scruntiny:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In Ohio, mine took about 2 weeks in Licking County. The 'Ol Lady turned in her application on Friday, and got the call to come pick it up on Monday morning. :scruntiny:
Yall are so lucky. It takes what seems like forever for ours! :aargh4:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yall are so lucky. It takes what seems like forever for ours! :aargh4:
Makes me glad I don't live down in Nashville anymore!!!!:embarassed:

I do miss the food, though. You can't find a decent batch of collard greens up here unless you cook them yourself. And nobody up here seems to know a thing about grits! That's just not right . . .

Don't get me started!!:hand1:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grits are a standard food staple of mine. I love them with butter and salt and pepper or just plain old sugar. Either way. UMMM! People who haven't eaten grits are like cars with no wheels. You just aren't going anywhere. I was in California not to long ago and I ordered a sweet tea and the lady said "whats that"!!! Enough said right!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Grits are a standard food staple of mine. I love them with butter and salt and pepper or just plain old sugar. Either way. UMMM! People who haven't eaten grits are like cars with no wheels. You just aren't going anywhere. I was in California not to long ago and I ordered a sweet tea and the lady said "whats that"!!! Enough said right!
Pretty bad, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I grew up in the South and the two foods at the BOTTOM of my favorites list are collards and grits! They are even lower than liver and gizzards :wave:

Sweet tea is another matter, but my diabetes has ended that vice. :nono:

A mess of beef ribs and sliced brisket is my idea of food heaven.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wanted to give an update..... I got my Tennessee HCP yesterday!!! It came in and took about a month and a half. Not bad considering I have heard that there was at least a 90 day wait from the time of finger printing. I am ready to start exercising my 2A!!!!:danceban: :banana:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts