Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm brand new to the site and can really use a community that is more educated on carrying than just punching in questions on Google. My paperwork for concealed was sent out just over a month ago so I'm expecting the permit (FL) relevantly soon. I've carried in my car in the meantime to make habit of bringing my gun most everywhere I go, but soon I will be traveling and staying in a hotel for a couple nights. Can I remove the gun from the vehicle and store it in a backpack or away like I do in the car while staying in the hotel? Is a hotel a "place of dwelling"? Is it legal to carry it from the car to the hotel in a backpack? Help

·
Registered
423 Posts
Best thing to do is visit Handgunlaw.us to see what is legal in the state that you are visiting, and Google the policy of the hotel you will be staying at. Most important thing is to be sure that you're in legal compliance of the state and establishments that you will be visiting.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Seeing as your in FL I wouldn't be too concerned. But like the other post said check handgunlaws sight to no for sure. But I know that if you have your license in Florida if a sign is posted they hold no legal ground. Meaning you can go in, but if they ask you to leave cause they saw it you have to or they can file charges. If I remember correctly is a misdemeanor. Seeing as you don't have your license yet I don't know, I pretty sure it is a dwelling but not 100%...I'm no lawyer. I also have FL ccw but non resident cause I travel there often. I got mine back in 2 weeks so I'm sure yours is close to being at your house. Good luck. Also check non license seeing as you don't have one. Even transferring from car to hotel could be considered ccw Wich would be illegal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts