Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Wal mart this morning and they had 50 count of 9mm for 9.97, it was Remington brand, not the standard WWB. They also had a few boxes of .40, but only one .45. Of course that was local to me. No .380.

I guess the reason for posting, maybe they are starting to get more ammo in and the prices seems to be getting more reasonable.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If Wal-Mart could get their supplies back up, you would see other folks having to lower their prices. Wal-Mart, love 'em or hate 'em have not raised ammo prices as some others have.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
If Wal-Mart could get their supplies back up, you would see other folks having to lower their prices. Wal-Mart, love 'em or hate 'em have not raised ammo prices as some others have.
:yup: So true.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I didn't think about that, they didn't raise prices...

I checked 3 stores near me. No ammo for pistols except .410

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Seems like they always have .40's, Might have to get one : )

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Seems like they always have .40's, Might have to get one : )
Not around me, but I can find .40sw ammo elsewhere very easily.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Eveerything seems to be loosing up a bit, now that the frenzy of the Johnny Come Latelys has settled a bit. Rifle ammo is still way high, pistol ammo is still to high, and I dont see that changing much.

·
Registered
272 Posts
They have raised prices slightly. 9mm at $9.97/box is up $1 from last year.

I think .40 has also gone up by about $2.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I continue to be amazed that ammo prices have not risen sharply, Law of Supply and Demand dictates that it should have or soon will.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I was in Texas this weekend and stopped into 2 diffrent WM and they each had 3 boxs of WWB 50 pcs sitting on the shelve like they were waiting for me to take them home. I also stopped by 3 diffrent Adcademy sporting goods store. They all had ammo except of 380.. The limit was 5 boxes of each type of ammo, so I picked up 15 boxes of 100 pcs of 9mm. Happy dance!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Went to Wal-Mart in Northern Virginia and all they had was 9mm, but had a lot of it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a couple boxes of Federal 9m Luger yesterday, same price ($9.97).

Now, if they'd only get .22 lr..
Ours had about 20 boxes of .22lr

·
Registered
51 Posts
is it true that they are thinking about putting serial numbers on all the high caliber ammo such as .223?

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Was at Wal mart this morning and they had 50 count of 9mm for 9.97, it was Remington brand, not the standard WWB. They also had a few boxes of .40, but only one .45. Of course that was local to me. No .380.

I guess the reason for posting, maybe they are starting to get more ammo in and the prices seems to be getting more reasonable.
Now you mentioned it, I seem to be finding more 9mm at my closest Wal Mart almost every time I go. Before, it was drive 15 miles to the one that always had it, and that was Federal 50ct boxes. My closest has been having the WWB 100ct (yesterday picked up some), and today they had the WWB 50ct boxes. Well, I'd rather see the 100ct bulks because it's costing me two dollars per hundred extra when they stock the 50ct boxes (costs of packaging no doubt) as opposed to the 100ct boxes. $20.97 here for the 100ct and $11.47ea for the 50ct boxes. But....they have it AND.....I've been picking up on the Federal 100ct boxes of .223 as well! I would say over all, things are picking up and looking better. Oh! And yes......the packaging does make a big difference if you are limited on your purchase. Six boxes is the limit here at Wally Worlds...so....if they have the 100ct boxes...you can come away with 600 rounds. If they only have the 50ct boxes, you're only good for 300 on your limit. Hey...at least they have it right?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
is it true that they are thinking about putting serial numbers on all the high caliber ammo such as .223?
.223/5.56 is not a very big caliber. 7.62/.308/.30-06/.30-30/.45-70 etc are bigger rounds and more powerful.

Having said that, no this is false. There was some silly idea to do it by the extreme left wing liberal and anti-gun community but the manufacturers cannot do it and it cannot be enforced economically. It would require retooling. Plus how do they register the numbers? I mean, how can they know who bought what? That's impossible with internet sales, face to face sales etc. Plus, all it would take is someone to file or grind that number to be unreadable and it's worthless to stamp anything on the casing.

·
Registered
111 Posts

What part of Ohio, JTN? For the last week or so, my nearest WW has also had 9mm on a regular basis. Grabbed two boxes of WWB 100 count this morning. They had at least 10 more on the shelf, and several boxes of 50 count, as well!

·
Registered
268 Posts
At my local WW here in NC they have raised prices on Federal (Blazer) 9mm by $1, and .40 by $2 also. They haven't had much 9mm lately, but always seem to have .40. I adjusted by buying a G23.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
It's still nearly impossible to find 9mm around here, and not easy to find much of anything else either. WM rarely has handgun ammo of any sort and none with regularity that I can tell. However, I have noticed that there has been .40 cal. Federal on the shelves with some irradic frequency.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WWB = ? (Wally World Brand?)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts