Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right.......my local WM last night had plenty of 40S&W in the 50ct Federal. Past week and since the first of the year, it's been $12.47 per box. Well, now it's $13.97. Up $1.50 per box. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, and here it is. Still cheaper than anywhere else....when they have it. So don't be surprised when you're out and about this weekend and happen to stop into your local WM.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
Up $1.50 beats the heck outta up150%!

Like you said it is still cheaper than anywhere else.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I noticed that increase this past week on Federal ammo. I would assume it also increased on the Blazer ammo but not sure. Both were marked at the same price two weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
That's right.......my local WM last night had plenty of 40S&W in the 50ct Federal. Past week and since the first of the year, it's been $12.47 per box. Well, now it's $13.97. Up $1.50 per box. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, and here it is. Still cheaper than anywhere else....when they have it. So don't be surprised when you're out and about this weekend and happen to stop into your local WM.
It seems the .40 is all I find at WalMart lately. Once in a while I get there when they have some 9mm, but if and when they have any .44 or .45 you don't want to see the price:frown:
And don't be silly enough to ask for .38 or .357, they just look at you like they are wondering what planet you came from.

·
Registered
388 Posts
It seems.....

that I still ,after months of return trips to w/m, cannot find any 45acp at any price.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
It's still better than the $20-$40 per box of 50 cheapo Independence and Wolf stuff I saw at a gun show last night! :blink:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Man, I'm glad I'm all stocked up. How's that $8.97 9mm Blazer looking? I haven't seen any in a while. Have they raised that too?

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
At least some of you folks are fortunate enough that your local Wal-Mart occasionally has some pistol ammo to offer. For months now my local WM has only had shotgun, and some rifle ammo to offer. Of course I only make about one trip a week so I may just be hitting the store after the last shipment has sold out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have noticed the same exact price changes here aas well. Like everyone else, its still cheaper then anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
If the hoarding ever stops and demand starts falling behind supply, you may see it come down. That's a big may. Who would have ever thought the supply was be this bad this far out. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there isn't some conspiracy thing going on. Oh, wait a minute. I'm not paranoid.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
$13+ box isn't so bad.:blink:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If the hoarding ever stops and demand starts falling behind supply, you may see it come down. That's a big may. Who would have ever thought the supply was be this bad this far out. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there isn't some conspiracy thing going on. Oh, wait a minute. I'm not paranoid.
I think we have a long way to go before the hording stops and production catches up. Once the hording stops others who have not been able to find ammo for a long period will start to restock keeping the shelves low for a while.

Ramrod, that's still not a bad price for .40 S&W.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
that I still ,after months of return trips to w/m, cannot find any 45acp at any price.
I find the Remington UMC .45 230grn stuff at Dicks Sporting goods here in Northern VA every now and then. If you have one of those around you might want to check them out. It isn't cheap though. Seems to be running around $20 a box.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Have you guys ever contemplated that things will always be this way, and that ammo will be scarce forever? I figure Obama gets us two ways, one there is no ammo, two there is so little of it that no one practices, and can't hit the broad side of a barn! haha

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Walmart has ammo? I've got 3 close to me and all I ever see is .223, 7.62, and .40. Plus rifle and shotty. None of which interests me. I saw a 100 rd box of 9mm a few weeks before I got mine. Then nothing. Can't even get a bulk pack of .22. The Rem 100 pack was nearly $7. Dick's sporting goods seems to be able to get some more frequently.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Was doing some work at a Walmart in Culpepper VA yesterday. They had a ton of .40 cal WWB. Both 100 round boxes and the 50 round boxes. 50 rounds were $13.97, I believe the 100 round boxes way about $25.00. Other than that they had 1 box of .357 Sig. Was looking for 9mm and they were completely out of it still. I can live with a $1.50 increase in price.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Locally, I haven't found ammo on shelves for a number of months, for love or money. Only sure source is via GunBroker, or if I act quickly enough with the occasional load from a few mailorder vendors I use.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Walmart is playing games ! You used to find pallets of 12 gauge shotgun shells
in two different loads;one for hunting ,one for trapshooting.The hunting load was too hot for trap.I live in Augusta and there's hardly any ammunition at
at all.This started couple months before you know who came into power.
I think walmart is in bed with this administration and doesn't want to rock the boat.They are providing ammo but making it difficult for customers if you aren't there at delivery day!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
At least your store had ammo so you could notice the price increase! I haven't seen ammo at Wal-Mart my last two cities of residence (Pueblo, CO and Albuquerque, NM. Thank God I am able to reload my own!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts